ct mag may 2008

Dear BBLQ092 (No.839),

Yes, Peter Small was doing a report for us....I have the words here. What an amazing sale, wish I had had the opportunity to preview it, not that it would have made a lot of difference because the prices were already sky high. It will be in the next issue.

Regards

Rory

Yes Rory prices were high. The machinery was in top order all the same. Not often you see sales like that. looking forward to seeing Peter's report

Bill

my father really liked this months mag too rory, infact he knows were there is a fiat 1000s in his area........ha ha!......i told him he NEEEEDS it, wonder if he will drop his gaurd long enough for his cheque book to fall out of his pocket

dad usually gets his same day as me, and he at the other end of the country, i have already lost my copy, someone else has it to read now

hey rory, can you do a buyers guide on the Deutz 7806? or similar? or send someone to america to find that shop that rebuilds DX transmissions? (stien bro???)

Bought the mag this afternoon, but have only had a chance to scan it so far.

DB1412s with Perkins 6.354 and 6.372 engines  :o

I've seen 1412s calve their back ends with the standard Meltham engine! The thoughts of putting 140 ponies through that transaxle is just scary! (but I haven't read the article yet).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

Great read rory loved the "DB commemerative edition" special writeup

the 1394 4wd comm with loader brackets is right by where i live around 7 or 8

miles away and i dont know if you have anymore info from the farmer but

it corisponds with the same time my collage renewed the lease hire from

CASEIH and put it in for a "G"plate CASEIH 585 L 4WD with Quicky loader

at burgesses in oswestry either way who ever bought the 1394 had a better

bargin than the collage had as the 585 was not as good as the 1394 even with

shuttle transmission

i think the 1394 left the collage with less than 1000 hrs on the clock

serviced very regularly and diddnt to allot of work that any other "new" tractor

at the time would be expected  if i remember aswell the tutor said

"she has virtualy just been run in"

Dear IH885Lcabman

Thanks for the kind words, most appreciated. I was really pleased with the way the Comm. Edition 'special' turned out. All we need to do now is find out what happened to the Aston Martin DB car that was given away with the tractor. Have had a call from someone who knew the next owner of the cab, but it was sold in the late 1990s and has since gone to ground. Finding it would be the final part of the jigsaw....not essential, as it is after all a car, not a tractor, but just nice.

Dear James T,

Ref the Kidd story, fear not it is in the next issue, 5 pages, part 1 or a 2-part story. It came to me rather late and rather than rush things and compromise the story, I decided to hold it over until this month. Hopefully you will like it.

Regards

R Day

Classic Tractor