Gleaner R62 in Oats with Pick Up Header.

Deere-est

South Dakota, 2003. I'm driving Number 3 combine. Some pics for Sascha after his interest in his MF Topic. For anyone else, consider them a tease for what is to come when I get my butt in gear and get the rest of the pics on PB!!

The MacDon Swather a couple of fields away with 36ft header in barley. A view from the cab over the pick up header on the combine. You can see the belts clearer to the right of the pic.

according the pictures I would presume this swathing method would result in or at least be related to lower yields? Still do not understand the advantage of the swathing method.

By the way, very nice and impressive pictures - a very welcome change to all those pictures from the German Rhine valley countryside over and over again ;-)

The swather was nothing to do with us this time. The farmer here swathed it with a trailed machine. By the time we finished up with soya beans and milo in Kansas I think we had cut 25,000 acres with the three machines. I will get the rest of the pics up, just not sure when :)

These Gleaners are threshing simplicity Sean, a dream to drive, service and work on. Nothing is complicated on them whatsoever and breakdowns though rare don't hold you up very long provided the parts back up is good. One had fuel problems with the enjectors I remember and a centre draper belt got eaten and wrapped round the drum twice but that was the headers not the combine. I don't think we had any major problems come to think of it mate. :)

It is quite easy going on the machines I think mind, the ones we had were a 2001 and two 200's I think. Most of the bigger guys change them yearly so these performed well against other machines I think, ran rings round two Cat Lexion's in Oklahoma in the early stages  ;D