Britains Blue County 1884

Andy

Very nice collection in April at Vectis. Included is a number of countys including this one. No inclination from Vectis that its a customisation. I'm not convinced but would be nice if we could get confirmation either way!

134.jpg

The yellow version of the 1884 was non-powered. There was a version of the 1884 that was powered, this tractor had a black front axle and casting. I was told that it is an original, very few were made aparently and never apeared in the catalogue, the example I have unfortunately is un-boxed so I can't verify its authenticity, it may possible be that Britain's may have 'toyed' with the idea of producing a blue 1884 powered model but decided to stick to the TW35 version.

Speaking of the TW35 'Power Farm' model, I have a pair of them (together with a pair of Howard dungspreaders that went with them) that were 'shop display' models, these tractors have no motors in them and were displayed in shop windows with the spreaders connected to them on a diorama. The dungspreaders are a darker orange than what the final production ones were painted and so these were never boxed.

At the risk of a shameless plug it will be going back on eBay when it gets here unless I get a better offer for it first  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

robbo

At the risk of spoiling your night.... don't expect to make much of a profit, if at all!!

Did Britains make any other Ford Powerfarm tractor sets or was it just Countys?

robbo

Yes they did.  ;)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3404.0;attach=4869;image

At the risk of spoiling your night.... don't expect to make much of a profit, if at all!!

Yes they did.  ;)

some you win, some you lose ;) ;) ;) ;) got to give it a go though

robbo