drilling elephant grass

batcher

One quick course and off i go . Have to load myself each time which slows the job down  ;D

SUNP0004-14.jpg

Been told you normally get the old dog of a loader but was all right this time

SUNP0001-14.jpg

Only one drawbck tho i had to use the xtx200  ::)

SUNP0002-14.jpg

drill fairly straight forward to use have to maintain 8kph aiming for a rate of 2.4 bags per

hectre

SUNP0005-14.jpg

Did the far field on sat. And this one sunday and was quite good fun all i could manage on one of the banks was 5 kph but that was only at one end  ;D

SUNP0003-15.jpg

Will try to get more working pics next time but it was spitting with rain all morning then hammerd it down half an hour after i had finished  ;D

is the drill a converted feed wagon or was it made for drilling elephant grass?

Converted feed wagon so if you have one rotting away someware they might want it  ;D

this one is full of metal maggotts  ::)

I had to take over from the normal driver because he's left  :( But my understanding of the grass is when it is planted it is sprayed (not sure with what or why) First year it get's topped to encourage growth .Cut 2/3 year then bailed.The two field pics wre sown last year and failed .As i get around a bit more i should learn more  ;D Oh and i think it can grow for twenty years ?

I had to take over from the normal driver because he's left  :( But my understanding of the grass is when it is planted it is sprayed (not sure with what or why) First year it get's topped to encourage growth .Cut 2/3 year then bailed.The two field pics wre sown last year and failed .As i get around a bit more i should learn more  ;D Oh and i think it can grow for twenty years ?

Hope the agronomist doesn't mess up and put down a recommendation for a herbicide to control grass weeds ::):D :D :D :D

When I used to work as a weighbridge operator / loader driver / general dogs body  :D at the local grain store for the summer - one of the yard men used to always say no need for Amistar I heard Gramoxone does a great job on disease :D :D

nice pics, starbrush worked for bical sowing this stuff last year or the year before, cant quite remember when :-[

sew alot near were i live and i went for a ride on the planter, very simple device, a tennis ball pops up when the hopper is empty :D was topped but not harvested yet!