woodside farm

Pete

after seeing some of the farms on here i did'nt think my farm was going in the right direction, so it was scrapped!! :'( plans where then made for our new project, 900 acres of heavy clay based in holderness. cropping mainly wheat with barley and osr rotated, livestock is fattening pigs in straw yards, this uses up our straw and provides organic matter to put back in. as the name suggest's one side is bordered by trees. hopefully i'll be able to put some progress pictures on soon. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can anyone recomend any good sites to buy parts for building sheds and scenery. got a couple of train shops close to but nothing to give that extra touch i want

Just been doing back scene, using thin ply coated with poster paints to give sky effect. Also planning building a number of grain silo's do's anyone have any suggestions on building these or dimensions.

It's nice to see the construction of a shed being intergrated into the layout as an actual project. Nice work  :)

oh Tris if only you could see my ideas in my head! ;D ;D ;D

The woodland scene looks brilliant, where did you source the trees.

Cheers Mark.

the bulk of the trees are from WOODLAND SCENICS. you buy a pack of tree armatures (we used largest 5'' - 7'') these cost £9.80 for 12, then the foliage is in bags (we've used light and medium green) called foliage clusters. they were £6.20 each but i've only used half of each bag and the rest i'm using for ground cover.

the same company make a kit to construct a water area which looked very good and i'm planning on getting one soon but i'll have to an another board to have space for a pond in the wood.

i bought these from jeffersons train shop in scarbrough, (east yorkshire)

oh Tris if only you could see my ideas in my head! ;D ;D ;D
:D I can imagine, I know the feeling well. I seem to have more space in my head for ideas than the time needed to put them into work! ::) Can't see the latest pic at the mo but will have a look when I get home :)