farm pictures new update 08-10-2017

texas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes heaps of nice kit going around, I like to see all other folks pictures from all over

........................sorry to be a party pooper in a way but  you know, up here some of the guys still do maize albeit not that many.........some still swear by it BUT, I can`t see the  financial and logistical justification for it given the following, the ever rising cost of the plastic and disposal of it , only one crop in the year requiring a fairly long growing season, late harvest after the weather  has deteriorated to at least autumnal and all the associated erosion and  soil compaction issues.

yes I accept  theres probably  a higher yield  of feed value off maize silage and its a handy dumping ground for slurry onto stubbles and its a break crop from grass.this slurry is possibly more valuable on other land over the season to reduce fertiliser costs nowadays what with the price it`s getting to.

compare it with the earlier harvested wholecrop allowing either  a following autumn sown  cereal crop or  grass reseeding......no plastic for earlier establishment....and of course the minimised risk of soil damage and pollution and harvesting in better weather ...(probably very different  further south and on mainland europe),.certainly round our way  as I say, questionable economics.....

...unless of course you guys can prove me wrong........... :)

I like the photo on the road, Bas. A convoy of nice machinery infront of you there.

You have seen a lot of machinery moving around by the looks of it and some nice machinery too. 8)

Thanks Tris, more pictures will follow soon.

texas

Is that chopper missing a window? or is it just super clean?

Any more pictures of the tractor bas? its  intersting paint job

The door was open, that is the reason it looks so clean.

Here some extra pictures from the fendt 512c

03102010114.jpg

03102010080.jpg

Texas

Archived