The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :D - damn... stop spoiling my joke opportunities Nick... I don;t get many  :-[ :'( :D :D

Well... I only drove her back to the yard so far Nick... about 25mins drive... so not really enough to test... the aux pump is now working fine mind you... so fingers crossed.. I'll let you know tomorrow

:D :D - damn... stop spoiling my joke opportunities Nick... I don;t get many  :-[ :'( :D :D

Well... I only drove her back to the yard so far Nick... about 25mins drive... so not really enough to test... the aux pump is now working fine mind you... so fingers crossed.. I'll let you know tomorrow

ok sorry mate here goes second time around- after an absence did you get her all hot n bothered

that 3095 looked smart, it would be a better machine for you than frankie as it will have more power, better balance and will be more reliable than the newer masseys :o i looked at buying a L reg 3095 last year but the seller backed out and kept it ::)

re back windows, if you have air-con working with the back window open it damages the aircon unit as its working flat out and it wont be covered on warranty ???  a local farmer used to make the drivers put up with the aircon not working if they had driven about with the back window open all the time ;)

I don't use the air con Mike... ever really... it gives me a stonking headache to be honest - I much prefer the 'fresh air' really.

You are right about the 3095 too buddy... it was (is) a lovely machine... much more gutsy than my little lady - she pulls like a train compared to poor old Frankie.

I'm seriously toying with the idea of putting in an offer on this 3095... I'm looking into her history today with a bit of luck  ;D

I've not started on this lot yet... I was only given it this week  :-[

I've sold a couple of lots so watch this space... I don't think 20t will make much of a dent in that lot quite honestly  :D :D

To answer your question Mr Mullen... I'll be loading myself... I am hoping to sell it in lorry loads as well... I suspect I'll hire a big loader that week  ;D

Any idea how much is there ??? - my original estimate of 500t was waaaay out I reckon... this is the biggest hill in the fens at the minute  :D :D :D

The hill is a lot bigger than it looks in the pictures  - and both hills we included in the deal  :o

The heaps are 5t trailer loads

Fair bit of money's worth there Marky  :P

I'm hoping so Rhys

Will it be cleaned or sieved first Mark? What is it for exactly and is it graded?

Nope... not by me Tris... one load I have sold is to a local 'grader' - he'll grade it.. blend it and sell it I believe.

Do you mean what is it ??? - not sure I understand the quenshon ??? - been up since 330am... so I'm not a sharp as I usually am(not)...

It's a spoil pile from my local carrot washers... they have a set of rubber fingers cleaning the carrots after they are tipped into the hopper - this is the waste soil that falls off the pointy little orange things before they reach the washer...

The newer stuff (front stuff) still has carrots in it... the older stuff is pretty clean in all honesty - a fair bit of the stringy end of the carrots... the odd bit of top... but pretty much 99% pure 'sooty black'  :-\

What do you think to it Trissy... ??? have you had any experience with topsoil before mate ??? - am I barking up the wrong tree ??? - have I bought a lemon (which cost me oranges and apples) ???

Don't beat around my bush (ergh)... let me have it straight Mr Trissle please  :-*

Well, comparing it to the dry peat we harvested that's all mate. The peat was sprayed with contact herbicide so the residue wouldn't stay in the product too long and pose a threat to anything possibly planted in it at a later stage. It was sieved and graded and the various products which came off it went for mushroom bedding (finest) garden compost; bulk and bagged (medium) and finally land reclamation which was the crap basically.

Being this is soil from washings it is going to be quite fine, this may render it a better product that just 'top soil' that's all. Could be worth investigating mate. If this comes up yearly you never know what it could mean to the right trade  ;)