• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Thanks Cerin...

2.  :'( :'( :'( - well you think of a better name then  :'( :'( :-[

maybe you should rename Fanny to 'Benny'

Frankie and Benny  :D :D :D :D :D::)

[move]TAXI!!![/move]

Nar... I'll be getting some industrial ones when (if) I wear these out I think  :-\

When you run around over 30kmh on tarmac with weight on you can see the tread flying of, thats why i have to trcuk my tractor to the run off darn it all,

You should get the industrials on shortly and keep the ag for ploughing days and the like  ;)

Trigger would be more appropriate or is that the owners name  ;):-*:-*

>:(:D :D :D - or I could name her fatty after a bloke I know from down south  ;)

Nick..... Not a bad idea... but I hate to think just how much a set of 4 tyres costs  :o :'( :'(

hello mark got the pic on me phone mate ,she look's a beauty,will look all the better to you when it starts earning it's keep :)

Hey up my fellow musketeer... good to hear from you buddy.... I can't wait to raise my first invoice mate thats for sure  :-\

Trigger would be more appropriate or is that the owners name  ;):-*:-*

yep trigger sounds good  and it can be a genuine one just had 5 gear boxes 8 engines 3 diff and coupus amounts of oil and the owners called rodney the plonker :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

and hows the fat one down south  ::)

Right then... today's work messing around...

It all started yesterday actually... when I paid a visit to TNS in Littleport... to see what they had in the way of coats... I came away with £250 worth of.. well.... THINGS really  :-[:D :D

So... with some new 'things' to fit... I bought Frank home to my house to tinker (I don't like leaving my tools at work as the 'lookie likeys' visit me in the small hours on a regular basis)...

So... Oops... too many so's... sorry... ANYWAY.. first of all.. I bought a new flashing beacon bracket - the one I had on my second beacon was the wrong one... designed for a 6400 which has got a different roof angle... so... here it is installed... Mrs F INSISTED that I tell you all she helped me... by holding the ladder...

DSC_3984.jpg

Next up.. some wheel nut indicators... easy to fit... but a killer on your thumbs to push on (well get started)... I knocked them on the rest of the way with an oversized socket.... (clever hey  ;) ) ...

DSC_3980.jpg

The idea is... if the nuts start to come loose you can see it at a glance...

DSC_3979.jpg

Next up... a genuine Massey Ferguson 5400 seat cover... seat had to come to bits to do it... but well worth the effort in my opinion... this will be the best £45 I have spent I reckon...

DSC_3987.jpg

Then... a quick inspection... check the oil... have a wander underneath to check for loose bits/leaks... thankfully... none - aside from a drible from a hydraulic quick coupler... they are buggers for leaking sometimes  :-\

Shock Horror... I've only gone and scratched her  :o :'( :'( :'( - BLOODY Bailey  >:(:D :D :D

DSC_3993.jpg

She's now done a whopping... well.. take a look...

DSC_3990.jpg

And finally... I took this shot for Simon and Pudding again...  ;D:D :D

DSC_3992.jpg

Ooo... one more thing to report... I'm having a beacon fitted to the baler as well... a big bugger hopefully... should be done tomorrow with a bit of luck.. I've had a fair few near misses all ready  :o :o :o - bloody BMW drivers mainly..

Fairly common on loader tractors around here with some of the bigger businesses... handy from a health & safety point of view if you are employing people really  :-\

As for the seat cover... I can't wait to break wind on it  ;D

I discovered tonight that the seat pivots about 45 degrees from left to right as well... handy little feature I reckon  ;D

Have to say it looks alot better with twin beacons. Seat cover looks like a good buy also. Was it easy to fit?

In a word no.. I had to get Mrs F to help...  :-[:D :D :D - it needed a womans touch towards the end... when I had thrown it across the square  >:(:D :D :D

I've got to ask you Marky, it looks like you live surrounded by suburban neighbours - do the curtains twitch much when you're tractor tinkering, and do passing dog walkers give you "funny looks" :D