Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

• 2 weeks later...

I think that that that blue 1:25 Ros Ford/Landini was the early one that came in a plastic bag on a 'hanging' card before the boxes were used. I have an example of this model and there is a choice of decals on a seperate sheet of backing paper loose in the bag so you can call it what you like.

yes it was produced like that. i have one too.. they are quite rare nowadays.. but are in a strange scale, made of plastic and a little bit of steel. Also these models intend to break easily. And yes, the same model was offered in different colours as a Same, a Lambourghini 1706 and a Hurlimann, just using the same mold like ROS did for many years (thinking of the newer line up of New Holland Genesis tractors and Hurlimann new gen. and Lambourghini 190? etc etc etc etc.. ;)

is the lorry with the skip? if no then its not worth it ..ebay is a bit mad at the moment :) still bargains to be had though and some sellars still try and take the pi55

No, no lorry just the skip!!! Weird  ::)

The box is a repro which was originally for the red 155 and the yellow 135 was never released on its own they all had the red loader. Notice the distance peice in the left side of the box, this was only issued with the red one to fit the muledozer attachment. Does look good like this though.

It definately shouldn't be the MF.

I think the set is a bit later than the Fordson. 

The cab didn't come in the Fordson set (it had the implement lift attachment instead), I am pretty sure the blue muledozer only came with the 5000 set (but wasn't in all of them), and looking at the pic of the back of the box, it has the Super Major 5000 shown with all but the transport box.

I think it should have the Ford Super Major 5000 in there.  ;)

Personally, I think £1000  :o is a bit optimistic, even if it had the right tractor!

its p.j barons britains fordson,ford + new holland toy tractors book.. its got all the sets listed  and pictures of the tractors,balers and combines britains bought out in blue ..book was published in 1994 ..got the white boxed county at £17, good book  .. printed byflexprint,122london road,leicester,le2oqs .. if you cant get on i might know were i can get one from .. quiet rare now

It is unfortunately out of print now, but odd ones do appear on eBay occassionally. In fact you have just missed one by a month ::) This is what you are looking for: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260383136464&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp284.m37.l1313%26satitle%3D260383136464%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1