Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Yeah it gets ridiculous, but I'm often suspious that people are getting their friends to bid,but some people just get drawn into competition. Saying that, if you are on at the right time or find something really mis-listed you can make a killing, sometimes you can by one item with postage for less than the cost of the postage on the same item another day.

hi all

just bought a vicon mower and the old britains two drum model still with the stand on also the old crop sprayer total with packageing 13.24 i think i did alright considering the stupid prices somethings are making.saw a case maxxum 135 at the buy it now price of ?30 thought to myself the guys having a laugh can stil buy these for about a tenner just goes to show not many people know where all the britains dealers are .

I think the problem is that the Britain's dealer are few  and far between outside of the UK. I am having no luck finding one over here in Canada. I think that is what forces up the prices, people just can't walk into a shop and pick up the items. Ebay is so handy. I however would rather go without than pay an astronomical amount for an item that is still in production. I love a bargain, so I guess my collection will never be complete, as I fail to justify paying the prices for items no longer in production.

Gets worse, someone paid (do these people actually pay up?) ?30 for an un-boxed Massey 760 Combine, it was in good condition, but a while back these weren't going for more than ?8. Surely this model is only worth anything when in a box because of its insanely long production run, or maybe they were after this particular shade of red.

You think thats insane, I sold a boxed Massey 760 (that looked like it had been run over by a combine) for ?65 last week, and its paid for! better still, I replaced it the next day with a better example for ?12 + postage.

On the subject of non payers though, I saw a massey 135 go for a crazy ?160 a couple of weeks ago, last i heard about that sale, the winning bidder had disappeared off the face of the earth, probably locked up in a mental institution!

• 2 weeks later...

Aother thing I've noticed and forgot to mention, is the postage, you get people charging ?5 postage for items such as bale sleds or verge mowers, whats going on there? Fair enough if they contact you after to say that its cheaper, but I've seen a lot of it. Whenever I win now, and the item is below 750g, I always get it sent second class if postage is over ?2.50 (scabby, but add up your buying total, then add postage).

i found that the average postage cost for a britains tractors came to about ?3.00

Some people on ebay think that ebayers dont look at the postage costs. the model will be dirt cheap and the postage is ?5

The postage only costing ?3, making them ?2 profit added to the model.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay after seeing this I think might have to start selling.....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=741&item=6948008720&rd=1

The bull and 3 cows are still being made DUH!!! The calves aren't but they are on ebay all the time.

I think there is a definate rat here as pinkkitten100 is the highest bidder on all of 1grom999's auctions. Check out the other items that are being sold, most are not that rare. pinkkitten100 is either very dumb or they are working a scam. I just feel sorry for the people who are actually bidding intentionally.  Wrecks it for everyone, and I hope the seller sleeps sound in his bed at night  >:(