Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Is this special or just wishfull thinking on the sellers behalf

even if it is a britains MK1 ford 6600  :'( :-\

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBSOLETE-Britains-Conversion-FORD-6600-4WD-Tractor_W0QQitemZ300113070904QQihZ020QQcategoryZ117196QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

every thing that guys sells is on the high side price wise, if its old, and all his convos are even higer normally to, must really be on a different planet with his ideas on the real cost of old britains stuff

every thing that guys sells is on the high side price wise, if its old, and all his convos are even higer normally to, must really be on a different planet with his ideas on the real cost of old britains stuff

or maybe we are selling to cheap. he must sell some or he wouldn't keep doing them.

He's on another planet with minimal Earth communications and hopes that there is no-one out there that knows the first thing about doing economic convertions. We all know that converting does incur a certain amount of expence but to put a price on it that high just goes to show that you can dream a little. Why not put a sensible starting price on and just see what it goes to, then you would know what the market is.

Been watching this guy's stuff in the past and everything he has 'or best offer' on has always been rejected. I have got one of those alluminium large camera type cases that is bulging with older Britain's tractor parts, wheels, tyres, linkages, axles etc and they hav'nt cost me a bean, wonder what price I could put on that? I've got a few brand new and sealed in-the-bag motors for the power farm Counties, think I will put them on and ask silly money, bound to be some mug out there that will pay silly money.  ???

It costs nothing to put it through ebay

as you can re-list as manytimes as you like

till the items sold

It would be great if that was the way Ebay works.  You pay a listing fee every time you put something on.  If it's a re-list then only when it sells do you get your listing fee refunded but then you have to pay a percentage of the selling price to Ebay.  Ebay wins everytime, the seller pays everytime.

he sells very few at those prices mate, the same models usally keep appearing with him and very rarely sell

As he has an eBay shop he may just use the listing for advertising and is not worried about selling them - it's the only way to give your shop any profile on eBay now that shop listings no longer appears with the general listings