Some old school feed storage pics ~ some good scratch build inspiration ?

Oh it could be Mark but do you mean commer ??? ???. It just looks like a van my uncles used to have in their joinery business. It was an old H reg and column change gears. I think I have a sales leaflet on that type of van and some otherkinds. I'll have a dig around tonight to remind myself.

Oh it could be Mark but do you mean commer ??? ???. It just looks like a van my uncles used to have in their joinery business. It was an old H reg and column change gears. I think I have a sales leaflet on that type of van and some otherkinds. I'll have a dig around tonight to remind myself.

Yep thats a Commer 15cwt (Commer PA I think was its designation).  Had to drive one of those for two weeks one summer in the early 70's, absolute pile of s**t.  Wouldn't go, stop or steer.  Worst vehicle I've ever come across.  Didn't BT have a load of them painted yellow?

Yep thats a Commer 15cwt (Commer PA I think was its designation).  Had to drive one of those for two weeks one summer in the early 70's, absolute pile of s**t.  Wouldn't go, stop or steer.  Worst vehicle I've ever come across.  Didn't BT have a load of them painted yellow?

It still nice to see restored vans at shows Peter  but they are not common in the commercial vehicle sections. I suppose most commercial vans had a hard life  ;D ;D

It still nice to see restored vans at shows Peter  but they are not common in the commercial vehicle sections. I suppose most commercial vans had a hard life  ;D ;D

I agree Bill.  A lot of old vans that have served their purpose get converted to caravanettes.  Then they are rarely used and either rot away or breakdown when they are used.  Viewed as unreliable get scrapped.  We had an original Transit van (white as well) for about 20 years before the rust worm got to bad and it failed its MOT.  One of the best vehicles we ever had.

I agree Bill.  A lot of old vans that have served their purpose get converted to caravanettes.  Then they are rarely used and either rot away or breakdown when they are used.  Viewed as unreliable get scrapped.  We had an original Transit van (white as well) for about 20 years before the rust worm got to bad and it failed its MOT.  One of the best vehicles we ever had.

I remember the old transits as a kid Peter. My father worked for his cousin as a fllooing contractor J N Stewart & Son Aberdeen Limited. They had 4 or 5 transits and 2 Anglia 105e vans. Red livery with light blue on the side panels and black sign writing. I have tavelled many miles throught the country with dad in those vans. Oh and I think the vans were always vastly overloaded ;) ;)

That's good to hear Johny... I'm always amazed myself when I see strange MF brochures appear on ebay  :-\

That is something i inmedeatly believe ;) (By the way by next week i can start building models again because the plastruct is off ;D )

• 1 month later...