puddings tribes rides

pudding

the ISEKI 4451 cam to our farm lowered with 24'' on the rear, the drawbar was about 3 inches off the ground and did about 9km flat out...........ha ha!...........it was purpose built as a orchard tractor, while we had a orchard.......when the orchard went, we standardised it

after the 4410 4wd, we got a 4450 4wd 18spd......same but later version, then a 4451 2wd which was a 12spd, and it was lowered to the weeds ha ha!

these little tractors were dark horses, the 4451 recieved the most punishment of the lot, we put the 70in howard hoe on it, 12ft flexitine cultivator, 2.5m 3pt hitch direct drill, we even put the tarrup 502 on it for about half a hour (loved it, just ran too hot), it ran the PZ 210 drum mower when all other tractors were missing in action (believe me that wasn't pretty), it didn't quiet have the power to run the NH286 in lucerne, didn't really pack the top of the bale nice, we put a couple clutches in it, and broke a bearing out of a housing on the PTO in the rear end, something to do with the excursions out lined above i guess.......

the little ISEKI didn't have a shuttle, but was schncro from forward to reverse, it had a electrohyd pto, 540 and 1000, you could shift ranges on the move, draft control, was a great tractor, loved to work

post-1303-132638761848_thumb.jpg

ha ha!.....will have to find some more pics

this is a pic of the iseki 4451 lowered to the weeds

we had 20 acres of kiwifruit when i was a kid, this was the last thing we did with them, push them in a hole, and burn them, the iseki ran a grain drying fan that blew air into the bottom, this set up burnt the green wood, hundreds of tires and all the wire  :-\ :o;D

can you read what is writen on the side of the fan???

post-1303-132638765319_thumb.jpg

this pic is the hedge trimmer that used to trim that hedges on the farm for us, it was owned by a contractor

it started life as a 2wd 84 hydro, got a neuss D-358........and a hiab crane fitted and saw blade on a hyd motor, driven off the a pto pump,..........pretty much at the limit the  hydro chassis could handle.......ha ha!

post-1303-13263876534_thumb.jpg

Hey pud do you know what the yanks would do if they saw that on the blower??  :D :D

Do you know any thing about what happend to the hedge trimmer, that boom looks identical to our one, i recone we might have the boom, brought the cutter from up north

you find there is a few of those crane/hedge trimmers around, i think the hydro86....in the pic still goes in gisborne

there is a outfit up towards auckland way that builds these conversions up.......i think they have a website

• 2 months later...