Recent Travels - Updated 23rd AUGUST

CX820Joe

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad to hear that Joe,cant wait so that Britains model  :) :) ;)

I might transplant the cab off a CR980 to make it look more realistic, and also got some Mig pigments to weather her properly  ;)

Got to rebuild the header as a 20 footer as well, in fact since slicing my finger open last year I haven't done a thing to the combine...time to get back on the bike I reckon!!

That unloading on the move is a great photo, Joe. The position you took it from made a great photo showing three sides of the machinery. Really nice :)

Thanks Mate - It made a change to see them doing that, as normally they park the trailers on the headland...was in a better position when I took those also as I got the sun behind me, so they came out better - slowly getting the hang of this photography malarkey!!

Did a good walk today and found the CX in a field of barley - spent 2 hours there, took 160+ photos and did three film clips!

Might post a few pics but its getting a bit samey so don't want to bore anyone!!

• 1 year later...

Then I went a little further and saw some more bits and pieces:

A old Manitou

100_0283.jpg

AHM Lea's Laverda M152 parked in the yard:

100_0285.jpg

With some surprisingly hi tech gubbins in its cab?:

100_0286.jpg

Their old Same tractor still there too:

100_0287.jpg

And their other Laverda too:

100_0290.jpg

Their Case tractor:

100_0291.jpg

Camera battery ran out after these last few!  Apologies also, didn;t set the date on the camera!  Hope you enjoy the photos :)

Nice update Joe. Weather permitting being the operative word I think if anything like here...we have had heavy rain since Saturday night although it does seem to be drying up a little now.

We haven't had too much rain the last few days, just the occasional shower.  I am planning to go over to my parents on wednesday on my bike, but the forecast isn't too good, but will keep my fingers crossed, and if its fine I will make the trip with camera to hand.

Had a tip off from Jordan that he was carting off the CR980 today, so I headed off towards Telford to take some snaps.  However, there were some other combines out and about along the way:

First a John Deere T560:

P1030579.jpg

P1030582.jpg

there was a JD and NH BB baler in the same field:

P1030573.jpg

P1030585.jpg

P1030586.jpg

Not done yet!  Almost home, and caught an 11 plate Lexion 550 (should have been a 6xx series?)

P1030704.jpg

P1030708.jpg

P1030714.jpg

P1030716.jpg

Massey on the trailer:

P1030722.jpg

after it had unloaded it carried on with the grain tank lids closed:

P1030728.jpg

hope you enjoy the update!  :)

Archived