Jez's Tractor Adventures

Jez

Well I am going to start this topic so I can post up my pics of the machinery I am using throughout the year rather than keep starting new topics.

So, keep your eyes out here for some updates.

The first few were taken (on the phone) last friday where I was baling and wrapping with a 7530 and a JD 678 wrapper baler using the new ISOBUS display as you can see.

Baler ran very very well and the screen is amazingly easy to use with everything on one touch screen  :) :)

Image015.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

These guys came to pick up the bales, a 6480 massey i think??? And a manitou telehandler.

Some more pics on the next adventure  ;) ;) :D :D

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what exactly is your job jez  ??? looks great what ever it is

Thanks mate.

I work for John Deere as a Service Training Instructor.

Basically I train the dealer service technicians how things work and how to fix them.

I look after training on 5015 series, 5020, 6030, small 7030 series tractors, combines, balers, mowers and also the groundscare training.

I was in the field with the above machine getting to grips with the new baler as I will be teaching how it work in Feb next year so I need to know it inside and out  ;)

Oh, and if you ever find yourself at Langar in Notts then let me know and i'll give you a tour.

I was going to mention to Andy if he wanted to try and organinse this as a FTF day out.

a trip sounds a great idea, i came last year with my local dealer and it was a great day out, it was the 30 series look then drive day, had a go with a 6930, 7530 and a 8530 ;D also we all got a ride in the trailer pulled by the auto steer tractor, then a hog roast :o

nice JD's there do Deere make there own balers or get someone to make them (like Vicon-Deutz)It looks awfully familiar but just can't think of it right now.Thats a great idea would love a FTF day out I may take you up on that offer Jez when i take my holiday over there can't wait to see more ;)

nice JD's there do Deere make there own balers or get someone to make them (like Vicon-Deutz)It looks awfully familiar but just can't think of it right now.Thats a great idea would love a FTF day out I may take you up on that offer Jez when i take my holiday over there can't wait to see more ;)

No we make our own balers, mowers (some) and loaders  ;) ;)

Thanks mate.

I work for John Deere as a Service Training Instructor.

Basically I train the dealer service technicians how things work and how to fix them.

I look after training on 5015 series, 5020, 6030, small 7030 series tractors, combines, balers, mowers and also the groundscare training.

I was in the field with the above machine getting to grips with the new baler as I will be teaching how it work in Feb next year so I need to know it inside and out  ;)

Oh, and if you ever find yourself at Langar in Notts then let me know and i'll give you a tour.

I was going to mention to Andy if he wanted to try and organinse this as a FTF day out.

interesting job i would say jez how long have you worked for deere then? how did you get a job there ? would love a tour around langar maybe some day soon, has the agreement with john deere and kuhn come to an end then  ???

no mate, we still use some kuhn bits but we use metal conditioner tines.

I started as a student about 2 1/4 years ago working with test machines in the uk.

I will talk to Andy and see what he thinks but would need to clear it with management here. ;) ;)

yeah probably would save alot of money but you dont see many 2nd hand ones do you?and well then how much would a new jd baler wrapper combo cost?then wouldnt that need a bigger tractor to power it as its got 2 jobs?

There are quite a few second hand ones around to be honest. I know someone who runs one on a 6630.

You just need to make sure the hydraulic supply is high enough for the wrapper.

You can't really look at the price of the machine as a whole, you would need to price it or any wrapper baler down to the cost per bale. That is the same for any piece of machinery really.

What a great job Jez.

Do you train the service techs from all over the UK?

Yes mate indeed i do!!

Good stuff Jez, good job you put the pic up as when you text it to me I thought it was the McHale Fusion!!  :D :D :D

Never mate, we won't get into that argument

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of an update.

Been back oput on the wrapper baler today and got some better pictures.

This time I had a 6930.

I was also using the good old 3060 2 wd massey on the Claas 350S rake.

Here's the pics:

Image000.jpg

Image001-1.jpg

Image042.jpg

Image043.jpg

Image044.jpg

Image041.jpg

nice pics Jez Whats the JD6930 like to drive?It's a Europe only tractor.Can't wait to get my model version of it from Towse.

It's brilliant mate, but i'm a deere man so i would say that  ;D ;D :D :D

It has the AutoPowr gearbox which is perfect for baling.

What do you mean a europe only tractor?