Jez's Tractor Adventures

Jez

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great pics on the docks, fantastic line up :P thats how most of the jd lorrys ive seen are painted and decaled.

a local contractor has one of the big sp sprayers on order, due october i belive, have many been sold in the uk?

how many trucks do they run for you at jd? are the parts delivery lorrys run by them aswell?

great pics on the docks, fantastic line up :P thats how most of the jd lorrys ive seen are painted and decaled.

a local contractor has one of the big sp sprayers on order, due october i belive, have many been sold in the uk?

how many trucks do they run for you at jd? are the parts delivery lorrys run by them aswell?

We have sold nearly 6 Self Proppelled sprayers and only planned to sell about 2 or 3 the first year so they muct be good?

The deere truck in the pics are run by a haulage company called Proctors based at Langar.

There are about 5 or 6 trucks decalled up as deere ones. The parts trucks are another local transport company in nottingham and they are decalled up as parts express.

Recent update to my machinery activities have been doing my drive.

I hired in a Shatziki or something and a Belle wacker plate and used the Works VW pickup.

Dug down to about 8" then laid and wacked some hardcore used for raod construction then laid some gravel.

Started like this:

Image005-2.jpg

And now looks like this:

Image008-3.jpg

Also, while I am on holiday I have been doing this with my brother:

Start  ;D

Image003-1.jpg

Got rained on  :(

Image006.jpg

And finnaly got finnished in a day  ;D ;D

Image007-1.jpg

Not much machinery used, the belle wacker again and the wheel barrow............  :D :D

great pic jez nice insight as to what you do at work as well mate ,

bit of info on the trucks , the larger FH & DAFs all have legends on the back of the cabs , the obvious one is 'the deere hunter' , & the woman driver has 'the deere huntress',  'nothing runs like a deere' ,'jolly green giant' etc , but not seen the green giant about for a while , may have been an older truck sold on :-\   

great pic jez nice insight as to what you do at work as well mate ,

bit of info on the trucks , the larger FH & DAFs all have legends on the back of the cabs , the obvious one is 'the deere hunter' , & the woman driver has 'the deere huntress',  'nothing runs like a deere' ,'jolly green giant' etc , but not seen the green giant about for a while , may have been an older truck sold on :-\   

Thanks MJB, nice to share. My favourite was " 460 horses and one Dog " that always made me smile.

You have obviously seen thiose around then?

I got a pic from PDC a few days ago. He saw them all out again:

Cobinetour.jpg

They are out on a combine tour at the moment so you guys may see them around an about.

I will get some more pics of my work then when I am teaching as you guys sound interested  ;)

It's a Sackashiti Jez! ;):D :D

That's the one mate!!!!

Is that a Fred West Patio??   Hiding your non JD models from the mothership methinks!

No, it's a Jez North one mate. The non JD models are out too mate, I don't discriminate (too much  ;) ;) )

A few updtates from today:

I went out combining today with CTS boy but didn't get any decent pics.

Then HOWEVER my friend and colleague from work was bringing out the 9530T to demo to them. It had a 6m Quvoigne TineMaster running at 14" and to be honest it didn't know it was there. Behind that was a 6.6 m double simba press.

We weren't using autotrac to star with then we did after the guy was happy. It was amazing when we took a mark off one side he was working the transfered that to the other side and you could see how far out he had been working.

Here are the pics and a little video.

Image014-1.jpg

Image015-1.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image017-1.jpg

She's a beast alright Jez, you guys had a play too yeah? Only ever seen one working and that was on a chaser bin in North Dakota. Older series mind.

Thanks mate, yeah I had a few runs then went home. I think we've sold nearly 15 this year....

I'll skip by the joke about you having the runs. ..

15? Well that ain't half bad mate. ...  That's bloody good for a company not re known for their crawlers in the way the Challengers and Quadtracs are. No derogatory comment intended by the way.

I'll skip by the joke about you having the runs. ..

15? Well that ain't half bad mate. ...  That's bloody good for a company not re known for their crawlers in the way the Challengers and Quadtracs are. No derogatory comment intended by the way.

None taken as usual mate,l yeah they have gone really well, i personally think the fact that they all come autotrac ready and the big ones come with it as standard ready to roll helps................

Gotta run  :-[:-[ :-[ ha ha

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get out of the office yesterday and got chance to go to the John Deere Tour 23 Roadshow in Boston Lincs.

Reasonable day with no rain but in some dusty old wheat.

The combines that were running were:

One S690i with a Zurn Premium Flow Platform 30ft

P1000160.jpg

One C670i with a John Deere Platform 25ft

P1000138.jpg

And finally a T670i with a normal John Deere Platform

P1000152.jpg

Personally i had a fantastic day and got some time to see them workign and have a looka t the results and what was left behind in the straw.

The wheat was falling out the ears before the combines came through so this didn't help.

We made a row of straw with the T670i and the straw was amazing out the back, you could still pick up a piece of corn with the ear attached and the straw didn't even have a bend on it or break from where it was cut at ground level.