Jez's Tractor Adventures

Jez

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that phone doesn't take some bad pics jez , did like that TW chuffing along though  :)

found one of your lot down round my way a few days back ;)

That is a good picture mate. I am not sure who's truck it is, all the drivers have their names on number plates on the dash  ;) ;)

Where is you way MJB?

That is a good picture mate. I am not sure who's truck it is, all the drivers have their names on number plates on the dash  ;) ;)

Where is you way MJB?

that was taken at SMARTS enginering nr dorchester (dorset), their yard is about 300 yrds from one of our mills on the piddlehinton estate ,didn't look at the name plate on the dash as they're a bit of a pet hate of mine  :-\  got a few pics of the estates deere's i'll post up in on my journeys page in a bit

that was taken at SMARTS enginering nr dorchester (dorset), their yard is about 300 yrds from one of our mills on the piddlehinton estate ,didn't look at the name plate on the dash as they're a bit of a pet hate of mine  :-\  got a few pics of the estates deere's i'll post up in on my journeys page in a bit

You mean the number plates or lorries mate?

I know where you mean. Throught he industrial estate. I have been there once  ;)

That's a load! Blimey mate. Where was this too then? I want a go in a 20/30 series like that :(

The telehandler work was at a farm just below oxford mate, near Didcot. We had the job for all his hay and haylage but things got a bit silly between us and them so that was the last year we did it.

I was only carting to the edge of the field but we did haul a load back like that one night...  :-\ :-\ :-\

Nice pics  mate  some big loads there   between the tw and the  tele handler   quite a few bales are mobile

Yes indeed MX, the telehandler did struggle to pick up the trailer but I found a trick to help. ;) ;) If you push the front of the machine off the ground with the grab it brings the rear lower to the ground so it does not have to lift as high.

• 2 weeks later...

I was digging through the garage yesterday and I found these old pictures from my early ttractor driving days.

The first few are of me on my trusty TEA 20, straight petrol but it was brillint. I spent many an hour ploughing with her to varying levels of success.

I know, i know, it is grey not green and yellow, you will see that there are many other colours here now ;) ;)

Anyway, pics have been scanned in as they are traditional photo's.

MyTEA20.jpg

MyTEA202.jpg

Then I have some from my early days working on a local dairy farm. The plough is a ransomes and hitched up to the trusty 4055. I remember when this old girl arrived, she was HUGE back then. It spent most of her time running the yellow NH forager and also fertilising, ploughing and trailer work. 15 / 6 powershift.

One, if not the nicest sounding tractors when it is working.  :) :) Happy days.

DoddsPloughing.jpg

Some more greenand yellow, John Deere 6600, this replaced the older 3050 that i have some pics of somewhere but I was only 8 when they had that so did not drive it.

This was used for vaious things, mowing, hedge cutting, ploughing and general work

Dodds6600.jpg

Then a few for the Blue fans. This was the trusty ford 8210. It was areal gem but a bit un reliable. It got scrapped eventually which was a sad day  :'( :-[:(. This used to run the forager before the 4055 and then went onto carting duties and also stayed on the muck spreader all winter as wella s doing some hedge cutting and ploughing.

Dodds8210.jpg

The last few are of me working on a local arable farm. It was 1000acres but had a second farm in buckinghamshire near Thame.

I was there for 15 months from Agricultural college doing my NDA. The first few months I was general worker and carting grain then the second half I was driving the NH TX66 and also doing the drilling, must have been ok if they let me do it at 17!! We also had a John Deere 6610 which was the most reliable thing on the farm.

AdburyCombining.jpg

Pretty straight even if i do say so myself  :D :D The tractor is a NH TM150 and pretty good but not very reliable and I'm not just saying that, i have first hand experience. Pretty good drilling outfit really, drill was a Sulky and Kuhn combination with a farm force front press.

AdburyDrilling.jpg

Some lovely pictures there Jez ;)

Thanks mate  ;) ;) I loved my time ther and really miss it  ;)

Nice variation Jez, you managed to get some right classics to drive in your time mate. 8)

I did mate, i love the 4055 and the 8210, i would like to build a collection of these classics in it.  ;) ;)