Jez's Tractor Adventures

Jez

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell of a place mate, how much workshop space do you have? Do those combines get rebuilt and sold?

They do mate yes.

The workshop is about 20 m x 12 mate.

Lucky you Jez,what a nice place to earn money on :) :) :)

Thanks Pete. It is great.  ;)

WOW... what a place to spend the day in... you are one lucky fella Jez... thanks for sharing mate - I do like love a clean workshop  :-*

I imagine you a a trained Mechanised Hygiene Operator mate?

Billiant job yes, I know I am lucky indeed.

nice tidy workshop jez, mind you for the main jd uk training site i would hope it was

Exactly Sean, we have to keep up the standards. I was going to try and arrange a tour for the FTF but guess it may have to be Deutschland now......  ;) ;)

I imagine you a a trained Mechanised Hygiene Operator mate?

Billiant job yes, I know I am lucky indeed.

Exactly Sean, we have to keep up the standards. I was going to try and arrange a tour for the FTF but guess it may have to be Deutschland now......  ;) ;)

so does that mean you're not going to be in the country for the upcoming JD 5**** series tractor tour of the UK ?

so does that mean you're not going to be in the country for the upcoming JD 5**** series tractor tour of the UK ?

I will be mate yes. I will see them before they disappear around the country. A colleague of mine in Germany is doing the traingin on them now  ;) ;)

That was Mr Dog driving that lorry, your typical Anorexic lorry driver. He is a decent chap but seems really pee'd off with everyone.  :D :D

That was Mr Dog driving that lorry, your typical Anorexic lorry driver. He is a decent chap but seems really pee'd off with everyone.  :D :D

he seemed a pretty decent chap , but i wouldn't ask him to keep anything a secret jez  ::):D :D

told me all about ,the stage trailer specially built for the events etc , seemed happy enough to have a chat while we were both on break :)

he seemed a pretty decent chap , but i wouldn't ask him to keep anything a secret jez  ::):D :D

told me all about ,the stage trailer specially built for the events etc , seemed happy enough to have a chat while we were both on break :)

Two pea's!!  :D :D Lorry drivers, never happy  :D :D :D

Guten tag Jez  :D :D :D :D

Guten tag Pete, vie gehts deer?

I didn't rrealise you were a fellow lorry driver mate....

Guten tag Pete, vie gehts deer?

I didn't rrealise you were a fellow lorry driver mate....

hang on i've got a topic of tractors on my journeys , with pics of the lorries i drive & you've commented on both tractors & lorries  ???

• 3 months later...

Right,

Long time no posts...............

I have been back in the UK for a while and there are 4 of these in the yard waiting to go to the Environment Agency.

They have a flail head with hydraulic front guard and a hydraulic roller. Also they have a weed cutting bucket.

All clever stuff inside, there are weigh cells in the arm that tell you what weight you are lifting with the arm and also a height limeter to avoid overhead cables and some strange set up on the front axle.

Clever really as the fuel tank is moved to the right hand side and some extra stabiliser wheels that come down when the arm is out full reach.

Image014-3.jpg

Image010-1.jpg

Image016-2.jpg

Sorry for the pics, taken on the phone....

Just been looking at your photos mate, brings  back some thoughts of years gone by.....and trying to stay awake in those nice warm teaching workshops with one of you boys rabbiting on about ECU's and stuff, I used to last at least an hour :D.

Why no photo of the room were the new people are held down and given the green injection?

Just been looking at your photos mate, brings  back some thoughts of years gone by.....and trying to stay awake in those nice warm teaching workshops with one of you boys rabbiting on about ECU's and stuff, I used to last at least an hour :D.

Why no photo of the room were the new people are held down and given the green injection?

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=22793.135

You mean there Dave?

Or here?

http://www.deere.com/en_GB/service_support/training/index.html

Ha, still get the odd one falling asleep but it has changed alot..... big changes in the training side.

intresting looking machine, clever sounding to mate, so back in blighty then, how long for 

Very clever mate, lots of technology to keep a ditch clear.....

Back for two weeks mate working in the UK branch on some training.

Nextvisit will be for Spalding.... ;)

it is, we just had a old jcb 3c and ditching bucket, did us for years that old lady

so 2 weeks eh, whens your first long distance trip for training then?? somewhere nice like ausssie land or kiwi land?

Well mate, the big trip at the moment is here.... nothing planned yet though no. Maybe a trip to Hungary this year..... we will have to see...

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=22793.135

You mean there Dave?

Or here?

http://www.deere.com/en_GB/service_support/training/index.html

Ha, still get the odd one falling asleep but it has changed alot..... big changes in the training side.

Very clever mate, lots of technology to keep a ditch clear.....

Back for two weeks mate working in the UK branch on some training.

Nextvisit will be for Spalding.... ;)

When I was part of jd they didn't let us near langer, ask about the old training centre in notingham in the late 90s, it was on an industrial estate! but inside it looked like the photo you posted with the workshop with a couple of tractors, whitebord etc. we did all our training this time of year,cold, wet, snow outside and heated workshop inside....Zzzzzzz. we used to have a laugh those days as the teaching staff were cleaver chaps, new all the working presures, system voltages etc but came straight from university, HNDs and stuff but had never actualy been fitters, thus had no idea how to take stuff apart,.........hope thats changed :D

Oh and to be fair I think a lot of the sleep was due to the errr....drink the night before :-[