warning may contain mfs

batcher

like the pics mate , especially the 188 & the side view line up

as for the monster truck big pete  it belongs to steve murty, a truckfest regular , he's also got one of the few official bigfoot trucks, a wheelie fire engine & a jet powered ford cargo that can blow over a caravan  (yawn)

thats why truckfest numbers are falling , same old same old ..........

nice pics, i was at a working day on sunday and had a drive of a mf 1200, a beast of a tractor given the smaller tractor parts that make it (500 back end?) small thoe to the cat D8 i had a go on thoe ;D

185 back end Mike... waaaaay ahead of it's time... in 1972 that is...

185 back end Mike... waaaaay ahead of it's time... in 1972 that is...

my mistake, i did put a question mark as i wasnt sure ;) a beast but not much use then, all that power and only a 185 back end, thats why the neighbour had a semi mounted plough on his 1200 back in the 80's then

The later 1200... the 1250 had a much higher lift capacity... with a life assistor ram Mike... so you are right about the weak backend.. they did suffer from copious oil leaks as well... but don't forget that that backend was only 50% of the tractive force of the machine..

Still a wonderful machine for it's time... and they seem to be climbing in value still each year... I've always said they are the colectors 'Doe' of the future  :-\

nice pics, i was at a working day on sunday and had a drive of a mf 1200, a beast of a tractor given the smaller tractor parts that make it (500 back end?) small thoe to the cat D8 i had a go on thoe ;D

In actual fact Mike... you weren't wrong either really.... the 188 backend is not that dissimilar to the 590 back end really...

The later 1200... the 1250 had a much higher lift capacity... with a life assistor ram Mike... so you are right about the weak backend.. they did suffer from copious oil leaks as well... but don't forget that that backend was only 50% of the tractive force of the machine..

Still a wonderful machine for it's time... and they seem to be climbing in value still each year... I've always said they are the colectors 'Doe' of the future  :-\

thats why we had the 1250 mate, handled the 5 furrow dodswell far better, farm a few miles away had the 1200 and they recomended holding on for the later 1250, we nearly bought the 1200 ,but they heard about the 1250 coming out in the next 6 months and saved us the hassle, 1200 would pull the plough but they said it always felt on the edge when up or in transport mode with the 5 furrow they had, so they dropped the 5th of till they to swapped to a 1250,