Farming action in the Lower Rhine Plain (Germany)

Richard de Florennes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those "small beets" are not sugar beets but chicorée roots!!!!! (therefore the name of the root lifter: CMG Chico-Lift !!!!!)

WOW, loolks like they have had a dry summer there to, those beet look a little small in places :-\ .I'm no lover of that Deutz,it's just not a thing of beauty....sorry Deutz lovers 8)

As always spot on photos,keep them comming

those "small beets" are not sugar beets but chicorée roots!!!!! (therefore the name of the root lifter: CMG Chico-Lift !!!!!)

That is root chicory for the English speaking part of this world. Processed for the use of inulin that is being used as a replacement for sugar, fat and flour in food.

Nice pictures Sascha, can you please try to keep your posts to English though for those off us that can't speak in any other language  :);)

well, I learned that even British pupils are learning at least one further language at school and I think French is the second importan language on earth. The reason for two languages is that I am participating in one British (this!) and one French forum (www.grostracteurspassion.com) and that I am copying and pasting my contribuations to both forums instead of compiling twice. The French did not complain so far and if its a problem here I can continue on www.grostracteurpassion.com alone as well. Anyway, in this topic, the pictures are speaking and the few text elements are just additional info which might be ignored as well. Strange to see that some people are only capable of one language while I learned four (German, English, French, Netherlands and - Latin ;-)), and this hobby even enforces me to use at least three (when travelling from Germany to Belgium you need to be capable of three languages in order to talk with all farmers you might meet ;-)