Farming action in the Lower Rhine Plain (Germany)

Richard de Florennes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when returning to this field after a fast dinner at home one hour later, complete darkeness had settled, but the moon is visible on some of the following pictures ... hence, luckily some lorries had arrived and action began a few minutes after my arrival on the field:

My you are keen  ;D ;D

unreachable by car and therefore a long shot only (I would have taken the long walk by feed if there was a more interesting harvester behind the nice Massey tractor, but it seems all farmers in our region either use these trailed grimme bunker harvesters of the 150 line or Wühlmaus/WM harvesters. Have only seen few loader harvesters so far ...

post-1013-132638878423_thumb.jpg

In most cases however, the laborious task of harvesting the headlands is performed by the same mashine used for the whole field. In this case the small wheels of the tractor help not to damage the unharvested crops but the broad wheels of the harvester will drive right over on line of sugar beets, thus not really supporting the business ...

post-1013-13263887846_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638878464_thumb.jpg

and the final picture before my camera refused to work due to empty batteries:

a MB trac 1000 with big rollers and a microscopic front-mounted fertilizer

Great pics as always keep them coming.

I think that small spreader on the front will be for slug pellets not fertilizer