A contracting life for me

batcher

happens everywhere rhys boys near here mowed a suffolk ram

Found a fawn last year when raking up . The year before one of the lads topped a calf no one had been keeping an eye on there stock poor chap was in a staght of shock for a long time after

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Well five days to go then off with the trimmer hopefully  ;D Well the other lads have started spreading fert and bailing 100 acres of linseed so things are starting too get busy again  ::) Guess what i have been doing  ;D nearly there now started a three day job but recon i will be there all week all on a three year rotion which takes a bit of time to get back too something that resables a hedge . So the first bit two hrs and twenty mins to go round once  ;D Started at ten had lunch on the move and stopped at five but still have another hour or so till i finish

you cannot see from one end to the other pic was taken about half way

SDC10426.jpg

back towards the other way there is a telegraph pole at the end honest

SDC10427.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well time for a update finally finished trimming this week last job was the new liddlles store in swindon . But been busy on muck for a couple of days .Drilling grass with the moore undrill 20 acres to do tomorrow weather permitting . And a little bit of rolling .So hit the workshop farly hard getting the kit up to scratch and some ready for sale .My mxu is enjoying a peacefull time at the mo but i did manage to get her up to 4700 hrs she still got the trimmer on  ;D So been having to slum it in the puma 180 ::) Been busy tidying up our main storage shed today thought this pic made an impressive sight but still missing two big balers the 3200 and when it turns up a big hesston

SDC10455.jpg

I have been lasy with taking pics lately (sorry) but will try harder this week as we should start mowing and baling the elephant grass  ;D

I have been lasy with taking pics lately (sorry) but will try harder this week as we should start mowing and baling the elephant grass  ;D

So the elephant grass is ready for cutting now steve? How many cuts do you get in a typical year?

So the elephant grass is ready for cutting now steve? How many cuts do you get in a typical year?

There has been a lot cut already futher up north. In this area most grass is only 1-2 years old the bit we are going to have a go at is two years old but only stands 6-8 feet tall.You only have one cut a year but when a in few years it will grow 15 plus feet .For the first few cuts you can use a mower then you have to use a spf but not through the spout (haven't seen one yet)

Nice photos Stevo, my mates got a Unidrill, older than that I reckon. He doesn't use it a great deal anymore but is reluctant to get rid of it as it is such a good little drill. Do you run any of the larger ones, the cultervator drills? They're mean't to be pretty good/underated I hear.

The baler line up is impressive, take some keeping up with them for the wrapper man!!  :D

What is for sale then, trade in stuff or are you guys having an sale?

Nice photos Stevo, my mates got a Unidrill, older than that I reckon. He doesn't use it a great deal anymore but is reluctant to get rid of it as it is such a good little drill. Do you run any of the larger ones, the cultervator drills? They're mean't to be pretty good/underated I hear.

The baler line up is impressive, take some keeping up with them for the wrapper man!!  :D

What is for sale then, trade in stuff or are you guys having an sale?

We only do about 150 acres a year but still a demand for her .But it is a steady little number so don't want to much more ;D The only other drills we have are both 4 mtr amozone power harrow combi one with narrow spacings and tyre packer rollers. We are selling hs2000 round wrapper and the 998 square .Old mx 135 is gone and xtx 185 gone and xtx 200 possably and a nh chain round bailer ::) To be replaced with new hs200 and 998 and two pumas 165 and 155 both with front links and pto  ;D

We only do about 150 acres a year but still a demand for her .But it is a steady little number so don't want to much more ;DThe only other drills we have are both 4 mtr amozone power harrow combi one with narrow spacings and tyre packer rollers. We are selling hs2000 round wrapper and the 998 square .Old mx 135 is gone and xtx 185 gone and xtx 200 possably and a nh chain round bailer ::) To be replaced with new hs200 and 998 and two pumas 165 and 155 both with front links and pto  ;D

Any chance a quick mobile snap if you use either?  ;)

Well the cutting of the elephant grass went okay 30 acres cut leaving for a few days to dry before bailing any more about 25 acres left i diden't get involved with that job so no pics  ;D well did get one the new baler

SDC10474.jpg