TX34

jdc

TT managed to take some photos today as we started the wheat - this is the first day of combining that the combine hasn't had rain on her!

First field was a second wheat with a bit of take-all - yielded quite well though. Graeme is doing a good job on the Renault. He got some mud on the NH so has been relegated  ;D

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

lovely pics TT  :)

seriously john , that wheat looks better than some of the stuff down here,at least it's standing !

why chopping ? i'd have thought straw would be at a premium this year,heard of a chap this way whos had to go back to his round baler as the straws so brittle , the D1000 size bales he does keep dissintergrating soon as they leave the baler  :(

all looks well  :)

Excellent photo's. I love seeing photo's of you guys working as it always looks so smooth and timely. The machines are looking great John. A pleasure to see. I hold the short feed elevator of the TX32 fully responsible for jippy back. . . . but still love the 'ol gal :)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't bung her up again then John :D :D

Poor old Graeme - I bet he was bitterly disappointed to get the Renault - maybe you should give him the 35 :D :D

4t/ac is a fine yield especially if at 20% mc - most will be doing well to get 3.5t/ac over here and spring barley is only doing about 2.75t/ac unless there is a lot of dung/slurry gone on :(

No sign of fusarium then ???

Didn't bung her up again then John :D :D

Poor old Graeme - I bet he was bitterly disappointed to get the Renault - maybe you should give him the 35 :D :D

4t/ac is a fine yield especially if at 20% mc - most will be doing well to get 3.5t/ac over here and spring barley is only doing about 2.75t/ac unless there is a lot of dung/slurry gone on :(

No sign of fusarium then ???

He likes the Renault!!

Looks like its about 4.5 average on second wheats. (at 14%)  No fusarium, Colm, low risk (in spite of rainfall) and a bloomin' good head spray.  ;D

That is the problem with barley - its much more susceptible unfortunately - we sprayed at right times and good ear spray also (strob, fungicide etc) so wouldn't blame that. I don't think you got as much rain as we did in early August which definitely contributed also :(

Are you nearly done yet or is the TX in dock :D :D