HARVESTING IN DURRIS ABERDEENSHIRE 30/08/2008

BC

Well yesterday I must have seen the newest combine working in my area and last night I must have seen the oldest one. It was a old M reg ( circa 1974 ) New Holland Clayson 545 without even a cab  ;D ;D

3182008213.jpg

3182008214.jpg

3182008215.jpg

3182008216.jpg

3182008217.jpg

Theres an old clayson (new Holland) combine without a cab sometimes parked up at the side of the road not far from my house never seen it in the field though, think its a bit older than that one though as the number plates are black background and white letters and the chopper area at the back is rounded off like they used to be. On a different note saw the same farmer round baling with an old new holland baler and his G reg Unimog yesterday.

Thanks for all your comments chaps. Yes I do like to see older tackle working and not often you see cabless ones and the operator using a face mask. I didn't have chance to get into the field and speak to him since I was blocking a single track road. I gave him the thumbs up for getting to take shots and he responded by raising his cap and waving it in the air... how nice ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...