Who has finshed

marshman

Will you struggle to break even this year Colm.Merchants are offering 130/t when break even 155k?? :'( :'( :'(

Luckily all ours is on owned land as we keep some I can't be definitive on yield but would be surprised if we broke 2.8t/ac :(

Our biggest problem is despite all our crops being sprayed well and on time, with the wet weather fusarium and sprouting set in so none is thus far gone for malting and i can't see the rest going either so that is down another €20t. That is a big hit to take.

Overall as we do all the work ourselves apart from the combining which we swap labour for we will be okay - I suppose this is a 1 in 10 year event so I think we will see little profit this year - a pity as this year could be a good year to buy machinery due to the downturn and ending of the spending spree

due to the weather over here in northern ireland our contractor has still 1000 acres of cereals to cut second and third cut silage to do round baling silage and straw plough and sow winter cereals not to mention geting the slurry out before the spreading ban starts on 31st october which is an absoloute joke with the way the weather has been.

due to the weather over here in northern ireland our contractor has still 1000 acres of cereals to cut second and third cut silage to do round baling silage and straw plough and sow winter cereals not to mention geting the slurry out before the spreading ban starts on 31st october which is an absoloute joke with the way the weather has been.

Funny I was just thinking yesterday evening that I haven't seen any gear on the road/in the fields for 2nd cut pit silage which is weird.Think some might have done round bales instead in a bid to have lighter machines in the fields???

f