help with glueing

1/32 farmer

Question

15 answers to this question

Thickest Superglue AND and activator - Activator comes in a spray (or brush) in a bottle and it's fantastic - been experimenting with it on Ben's potato boxes - It's instant and sets rock hard (watch your fingers) - Activator seems to work really well when you have a slight gap as well

Can the same be said for plastic to metal?? How on earth do you do this?

Another thing, I am tinkering around with a few bits and pieces and find some plastics like Plastruct join well but others like Newray lorries or the Britains lorry chassis to be a shiny brittle plastic and just dont seem to like to glue, any tips for this? Also preparing joints to glue, glueing small bits like mirror arms to cabs .. ... It's all new to me and while I don't expect to pick it up in an instant it would be nice to go half an hour without cocking something up or a join falling apart. :'(