toytrac oct 19th

Tractorman810

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as  isaid beforee, its a real shame its just that little to far for you irih guys to get over, and vice versa for us, if you buy you get collared for excess weight coming back and that just makes it unviable to do, only way would be car share, 3 or 4 in the car, overnight bags, so boot space free, spilt fuel and ferry costs

also have to consider that compared to spalding ,toy-trac is a pretty small affair to warrant 2 shows a year it will have to build on it's sucsess, at the moment i think you'd be hard pushed to create 2 shows per year , would be good for one of the spalding shows to be moved to somewhere like oxford though , bit more central

Yep Oxford would be fine with me! ;):D

as  isaid beforee, its a real shame its just that little to far for you irih guys to get over, and vice versa for us, if you buy you get collared for excess weight coming back and that just makes it unviable to do, only way would be car share, 3 or 4 in the car, overnight bags, so boot space free, spilt fuel and ferry costs

I like it just think how much we could drink on the over night ferry's lets do it  8) 8) 8);D ;D

I think Mr. Udimore is right. We're all still a little 'high' after Sunday and it is a little like a 'drug' but I think that we have to just stop and think for a moment as too many of this type of event would create a little 'overkill' and the enthusiasm would wear off a little, this is why so many events have failed over the past few years and there are enough at present to cater for most collectors needs. To keep it successful I would say keep things as they are, two main events, Spalding and Wincanton, this caters for both the North and South. Not everyone can, or is prepared to travel to all these and for the buying public and trade alike the economics and logistics have to be considered. A like event for Scotland and one for Ireland would be a good idea and we must also remember that there are a lot of toy fairs and shows through the year all over that supply our 'needs' to a certain extent and there are also the Internet sources. Nevertheless, Toytrac for one is a wonderful event and I enjoy meeting up with all you guys and gals and re-aquainting myself with the dealers and everyone, the model 'hunt' is secondary.

Sharon and myself would just like to add that it was a pleasure to take Adam to toytrac with us and that he definately is a credit to Dawn and Maurice and as you all have said he is so well mannered and done so well with meeting everyone. If he wants to come along next year there is a seat waiting for him.  He was a great help to us with unloading the van and helping to setup and also dismantling the display to.  He was very kind to us and insisted on buying us tea and Graham a burger and he also gave us a placemat with a Massey on it.  A BIG WELL DONE TO YOU ADAM. :) :) :)

Only just noticed your post sorry. Thank you very much it was very kind of you, may have to take you up on next year if its okay. Thank you again, Your welcome to pop round anytime if you want. Oh and could you please free the clutch off on the county for us :D :D :) :) :)

I met up with Jill Horne today at the Sandown Park Toyfair. 

Jill had a trade stand at Toytrac and she said she a wonderful day, thought all the exihibitors were a great crowd of friendly people and she loved all the farm layouts.  Pat yourselves on the back FTFers.  Her favourite display was the forestry and logging scene which I believe was "Dads". (Correct me if I am wrong)

i really enjoyed my day at wincanton, it was great to meet up with quite a few forum members, gave me a chance to put faces to names :).

wish i could do it again next year but its the week before my wedding, dont think it would go down to well :-[

i really enjoyed my day at wincanton, it was great to meet up with quite a few forum members, gave me a chance to put faces to names :).

wish i could do it again next year but its the week before my wedding, dont think it would go down to well :-[

Yeah but some members are better left without a face to the name huh Andy???  :D :D :D

You could just have a stag do for all the ftf members in wincanton on the sat and toytrac on the sunday ;) ;)