John Deere 6910 TLS

Grill is finished, just need the small deere sticker off the ertl grill, get the knife and tweezers

Second attempt at a grill.  Made from 2 main pieces of plastic, above and below the lights.  Very thin strips of plastistrut to give the grill a raised profile.  The maxxum lights made square look good to me  ;), bit of matt black paint and done.  Not fitted in place yet obviously.

Keep thinking I should do another if it turns out right and send to the casters for whatever reason??? then I decide its just not worth the hassle.  :'(

old habbits die hard mate, the more you do the more you get sucked back into it, nice to have something of your own that no one else will have

looks great rrally does,

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of the great Welsh songstress, publicy acclaimed sexpot and indeed soul singing sensation. ..

"I'm begging you for mercy!!!"  :D

Sorry, bit off card there. . . anyway, if your going to put this much detail and thought into a grill I dread to think how well the restof this legend of a tractor is going to turn out. What a start mate, what . .. .a . . ... start!!  8)

In the words of the great Welsh songstress, publicy acclaimed sexpot and indeed soul singing sensation. ..

"I'm begging you for mercy!!!"  :D

Sorry, bit off card there. . . anyway, if your going to put this much detail and thought into a grill I dread to think how well the restof this legend of a tractor is going to turn out. What a start mate, what . .. .a . . ... start!!  8)

I like that....made me laugh  ;D

Thanks, Its good to not be in a rush to meet a deadline, It can take a couple more weeks, doesn't matter.

I dont know what else im doing yet.  I know I have Deutz TTV wheel centres, but Im putting them in the Valtra T tyres.  I dont want the square centres for this model.  but I may know a model I do need square centres for... ::)

I might tackle the front axle and TLS tomorrow :o :o might be a bit of a headache

has anyone got any pics of a 6010 series TLS, my pictures are limited  >:(

Positioned the axles this morning, I found all of the components left over from a UH Quadrant baler, (Danny boy  ;);D)  I stripped it fully, it has cracking little accumalators off the hydraulics, went rooting this morning.... :)

post-124-132638928345_thumb.jpg

post-124-132638928349_thumb.jpg

looking good so far Ian,

I'm not sure about the weight block tho, front links would look good.

I think im agreed, I've put it back in the box of bits for now.  I  could always use it on the 6920 Im going to do ;)

Looking freaking stunning ian, that is a work of art,

What about wafer weights on the front?

My thoughts exactly. Everyone does front linkage and or wieght blocks :( Be nice to have just the standard wieght hanger and a full set of wafers ;)

First PICS at last

Made the bonnet longer, slightly different to others, but inserted part of the siku 6920 engine detail and then made hinged access covers on both sides.

All needs a bit more filling and sanding and should be OK.

;)

She seems to come up nicely  ;) witch bonnet have you use ?