Advice from some real farmers please...

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you have lots of industrial customers I can't see this being a winner - can you encourage your farmer customers to bring the plastic to you by you offering them a cheaper rate ???

I haul my plastic 15 miles once a year - no charge for clean white plastic (fert bags etc) and charges £80/tonne for dirty and coloured plastic (Nitram bags/silage wrap)  Think I only had 600kg in total last year, but it filled the grain trailer.  :D

No big deal at the moment although soon I made need a licence to move it  :(

Man thats got to blow @ss

I have no idea why the rest of the world made it to a point that they rely on china for nearley everything

over here  the price of weedkiller shot up nearly 4 times the cost of what it was last year

beacause china shut down there chemical plants for the olympic games  as the  plants stink  >:(

scrap metal has bottemed out over here again.... 23quid per ton :D :D only have 30ish ton to take in.... we were  2 busy to when it peaked  :-[:-[

i would sit on it till the price goes up again ;) thats what my mate is doing as he didnt get all his lead in before harvest when it was £200 ton

i would sit on it till the price goes up again ;) thats what my mate is doing as he didnt get all his lead in before harvest when it was £200 ton

will iy mind?? guy down here has been buying up scrap cars like theres no tommorrow,his yards rammed to the limit with them now, but hes not able to sell them as no one wants it at the mo

well looks like there's yer next business opertunity mark , you now have to get some moulds & recycle the plastic yerself ! i'm sure B&Q wont mind selling plastic patio sets made from silage sheet & fertiliser bags !.

not as daft as you might think often thought about it meself  :-\

other option is to get some smaller casts & melt the plastic down to build some of the modelers machinery ,i'm sure gav  & dan would love to see his harvesters & trailers cast in recycled plastic instead of resin  ;)

got another one ....... get a mould from the old 100style MF weights & cast some to sell in CT  ;D