The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love your MF 5480 i think you will need to bring it as well for me to put the flat 8 on to stack ha ha! and you will be a happy chappy in my MF 3085 and NH baler with the dust flying out of it ha ha! 

Looks good Marky  :)

Any reason for the LED beacon?

It was a misunderstanding Cerin. Sean wrote in a PM to Marky that the price of led had gone up. Mark took that as gospel and has started buying anything he can get his hands on, as long as it is made of led ...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

here paul, mavis is a lady ,she wouldnt go for a brute like that  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  shes got marky afterall

nice one sean,seeing mavis always reminds me of a guy,who still lives at milton coombe,driving his mf 240 up and around the local villages,it spent more time on the road than in any field

nice one sean,seeing mavis always reminds me of a guy,who still lives at milton coombe,driving his mf 240 up and around the local villages,it spent more time on the road than in any field

Good old run around the MF240 Paul... especially with the MP gearbox as well  :P

:D :D .. thanks Johny...

The real story....

Since I first bought her I knew the thrust bearing to be a bit noisy.... was always planning to borrow the splitting rails one weekend and don my old MF overalls... sadly... I never seem to get the time these days  :-[

Went into my local dealers yesterday and the conversation went...

Hello Graham

Hello Mark

How's things mate.. busy ?

Strangely enough... no... gone flat as a pancake now... got some stuff in to work on but awaiting parts so nothing to do really

I've got something you can do mate... Mavis needs a new thrust bearing.. fancy splitting her for me ?

No worries Mark... bring her in...

er... I'm busy... can you pick her up..

when ?

Now ? ... I'm on my way back to work if you fancy it

With that.. deal done.. I get's a call today to say you'd better come over and have a look... I don't think I have ever seen such a worn out clutch that still works... Knackered in the extreme... whilst the plates were ok.. the rest of the assembly is worn to buggery.. as is the ring gear.... the entire clutch assembly.... the thrust bearing and carrier... leaking input seals too... starter motor buggered as well (teeth all but missing)... rear main leaking a fair old bit too  :'(

I've told my mate to go to town on her and do what's necessary really .. god only knows what the bill will be for this little lot  :-[ :'(