The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i read that first line Marky, I thought you had snapped the trailer in half with four bags on her  :D :D :D

:D  - I see now.. bad choice of words by me that  :-[:D :D

been driving a 230 today with a 3, might of been 4 ton for my driving assessment at college :P

Nice one buddy... any pics for me to drool over then  :P

you tried loading the digger in yet then mate??

Not yet mate... been using Doug on the bund all week... not had much of a chance to as yet

ah, best try it out soon mind

ment to ask is the new trailer a tipper or just fixed?

tipper mate... single ram obviously... I've only tipped it up once.. doesn't seem to tip too far... but I guess I am use to dumpers that tip almost vertically  :-\

sorry marky i havent mate but i just thought i would say :D i suppose there isnt much difference between the 230 and 240, other than power  ??? oh and that mavis has a cab :D

Not a lot in it really... de-rated pump.. underslung (front facing) exhaust and no cab on the 230... that's all really.. a proper old scraper tractor that

I filled my new bund for the first time today... it's a bit small  :o:D :D  - I nearly overflowed when I tipped a full load of toppy in there...mind you,  I don't usually fill the trailer like I did today.. too full really... so it's just about the right size I guess...

IMAGE_353.jpg

Although I loaded this lot into a mates tipper truck... I will normally be loading 1t bags (of sand, ballast. gravel and topsoil)... which I reckon it will be ideal for really

have you put rebar rods into the ground and through the blocks?? if not be carefull when pushing with loader in the bund as were i used to work used the walls of an old pig building and placed soil round the 3 sides but the walls still colapsed with the pressure, the built a new one with rods through the blocks into the ground and its still standing.

will you add more bays for all the different products as you will be forever sweaping it out for different loads

have you put rebar rods into the ground and through the blocks?? if not be carefull when pushing with loader in the bund as were i used to work used the walls of an old pig building and placed soil round the 3 sides but the walls still colapsed with the pressure, the built a new one with rods through the blocks into the ground and its still standing.

will you add more bays for all the different products as you will be forever sweaping it out for different loads

we poked some rebar trhrough the bricks... but only as an afterthought Mike sadly.. so it will probably go over then I would imagine.  I would like some more bays..... but I've not go the space here really... I'm in the process of negotiating with a local farmer for some land to errect some more... I can't be doing with all that sweeping that's for sure  :o:-[:D :D

I forgot to run the tape over my new trailer today... but I did manage to snap it holding 4 or my 1t bags  :-[

IMAGE_350.jpg

and here is my bund... all finished and ready for it's first load

IMAGE_351.jpg

What is the Daleck doing beside the bund wall Mark.... waiting to EXTERMINATE ????