The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good little splitter you've got there Mark. We use one of those for the smaller stuff and a big old vertical Parmiter splitter for the big stuff. The only problem we've had with it is the roll pins in the point end of the drive line breaking when you try to split a really hard and knotty piece.Apart from that its a really good little splitter. We  get thru one screw in point a year, left-hand thread I believe when you come to change it,......its wound in there bloody tight when you come to change it... :of , but grease the new one in and do it up finger tight only.. ;)

Ooo I do like the look of Molly... she's missing a lot of the rubber work around the dash though.. I can imagine the draft coming through those gaps on a cold and wet day  :of

As for the cutivator.. what a pile of junk.. who in their right mind would but that  ::):D :D

So.. come on.. we need to identify it mate

well i think the last modern equivlent would have been a 315  but i think thats a 10ft 39

by the way i'm looking for a 738 or a 38 if you find one going cheap  :) very cheap , free would be nice  :-[

Ooo a 38.. you get in the queue behind the rest of us mate... I'd love one of those