The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

long shot marky, what about trying that greets guy, see if hes got a good condition bonnet arround, doesnt need to be 100% mint, as faded a little wont hurt, just new decals then if he has, prob cheaper than a respray??

I think a new bonnet would look good than a respray because as you say if you resprayed her it would all need doing but a rust free slightly faded bonnet would keep the original look.

Almost forgot this... she's got a minor oil leak from the rear main I reckon... common fault and not worth splitting her for really  :-\

DSC_6118.jpg

:D :D :D What a surprise  :-*:-* :-*

You should be grateful its only a minor leak  ;)

So come on did you really put in some elbow grease today or was it one of your hired helpers  ???

Does look a lot better and as has been said, pity about the bonnet top. Just let me spray it - i can get an antique finish straight off  ;D ;D

I think the crank oil seals have a factory fitted leak.  ;D

The job is yours John  ;);D:D :D

are you going to give the cab a t cut to mate???? arches look ok in the pics so far

I am mate... I was 'called in for tea' today... but she'll get the works sometime soon

looking good Lordo!!!, will have to pay her a visit at the weekends?

i didnt think you could get another tractor in there? :-\ :-\

Room for about two more I reckon mate  :D :D

Today I are bin mostly... renovating my toplink... they gave me a newer one in the dark grey paint... ergh... yuck... so... 2 hours getting it unseized and back to bare metal...

da da

DSC_6125c.jpg

few dents in it mind you.. I think they have been a bit 'hammer happy' at times with it  :'(

DSC_6127c.jpg

Look at the state of my bench... that's your fault Sean Pullover  >:(

DSC_6131c.jpg

:-[ - I think that must have been someone else Bill... Not me... honest gov...

NOTE TO SELF - Don't pinch paint from work  :-[

Pet hate of mine is paint runs on the side of tins Mark but if it was "nicked paint" then that isn't so bad ;D ;D

On a positve note though it helps find the correct colour of paint in the tin ;)