Whats your latest Farm / Construction buy - Year 2009

FB

I went to the Dreweate's auctions in Bristol yesterday - bought mainly lead animals and garden to sell on, but I also bought this gorgeous Britains background, a Hugar shelter, an Arco Toys barn and a farmyard (don't know who made it, but hoping Valtra130 aka Peter can help me - he has the largest collection of civilian buildings of anyone I know :) ) Everything is circa 1940/1950 as far as I know (I'm no expert on farm buildings :-\ ):

DSCF5740.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stumbled upon a terrific ebay salesman that was offering a Brian Norman 7840 on there and he was so nice to sell one to me. left great feedback too  ;)  Definately someone with taste.. that is for sure.. all those lovely Ford's and conversions  ;);D

Also just ordered a Model Farmer Valtra spec. edition and the gold siku MFreak and some very nice Ford 5000 highway versions that i hope to receive in Zwolle :D

I went to the Dreweate's auctions in Bristol yesterday - bought mainly lead animals and garden to sell on, but I also bought this gorgeous Britains background, a Hugar shelter, an Arco Toys barn and a farmyard (don't know who made it, but hoping Valtra130 aka Peter can help me - he has the largest collection of civilian buildings of anyone I know :) ) Everything is circa 1940/1950 as far as I know (I'm no expert on farm buildings :-\ ):

DSCF5740.jpg

I have a few of these buildings. The open front pitched roof one looks like a Hugar and the American style barn on the left could be also although Triang made similar buildings. The 'farmyard' in the centre is like a couple that I have, a farm house, open shed, pond and well on a board and a barn in a walled 'feild' with a gate, unmarked and maker unknown. I have a Triang large wooden nissen-hut style barn also.

Can anyone find the old posts or topic on 'farm buildings'? I think this should be revived and contiued there then I can post up pictures of mine.

Frazer bought me this from eBay - always wanted one for Holly Farm, but never managed to get one complete - it's a Britains farmhouse :)

DSCF5741.jpg

There are two versions of this, as above only or with reversible walls to give a brick outer finish.

The paper background (other post) is a lovely find/buy, wouldn't say no to one myself

DSCF5740.jpg

Here's another recently listed on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRITAINS-FARM-SCALE-1930s-VINTAGE-WOODEN-YARD-STABLE_W0QQitemZ300369336894QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN?hash=item45ef685a3e

my Zwolle show purchases..(and there is still tomorrow  :of  )

- Britains Ford TW25 NIB

- Britains Ford 6600 with poole dumper NIB

- Britains Ford 5610 with farm animals NIB (9660)

- Britains Ford 5610 with farm animals NIB (9639)

- Britains Ford 6600 grey with bucket rake NIB

- Gun Metal Ford 5000 FTF

- Highway Ford 5000 FTF

- Fordson Dexta - 1:16 G&M farmmodels

- NH TJ450 - 2005 Farm Progress Show - 1:32 Scale Models

- Fordson Major - Minialuxe (1:43)

- New Holland T7040 - Motorart (1:32)

- Farmtrac 60 - 1:20 from India

:D