Wiking 2009

AJH

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ridiculous. 5000 and they call it Limited Edition? If it wasn't for all this hype it wouldn't be half as bad. . .

The recession started like this! :D

these so called special editions that are suppose to be true collector pieces have got out of hand -out of pocket of some true collectors. it will spoil the hobby for many people with it becoming an unlevel playing field.

I would really like one of these new Wiking Fendts so I decided to ring the local Fendt dealer and see if I could order one......well the parts guy laughed out loud when I told him what I wanted  :-\ :-\ :-\ He told me that as they were so limited then the depot bosses would snap them all up and there was no way that any would be available to be sold to members of the public  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

So I guess it is a case of "nice try......failed miserably"

I would really like one of these new Wiking Fendts so I decided to ring the local Fendt dealer and see if I could order one......well the parts guy laughed out loud when I told him what I wanted  :-\ :-\ :-\ He told me that as they were so limited then the depot bosses would snap them all up and there was no way that any would be available to be sold to members of the public  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

So I guess it is a case of "nice try......failed miserably"

i guess you could be right - for myself that has been collecting over 25 years i think the current situation of low number availibility  and inflated e bay prices is crazy. it no longer makes me want to support low number editions. i would sooner pay an individual to produce a be spoke convo  and appreciate the workmanship and dedication of the conversionist. this is history repeating itself this all happened when precision classics first appeared.

It looks the sale from the wiking black beauty is the same as the sale from the siku black beauty. From the wiking 1000 are sold at sima. The other 3000 are delivered at fendt dealers. In germany you have 400 or maybe more fendt dealers. From the siku black beauty they get only 10 pieces. So when fendt did it the same way they haven't enough to deliver the fendt dealers in Germany. So i think there aren't many wiking black beauty's goes out side Germany.

texas

Dealer I spoke to said that although they get an allocation, it doesn't mean they will actually recieve anything. Has happened previously apparently.

i have 4 black beautys on order from four different dealers in four different parts of the country and to date the story has been the same there orders have been cancelled due to nil stock!.

spoke to my dealer today, as its been 3 weeks plus since i ordered ,and hes still adimant hes got a conformation order number from fendt germany, but when he asked the uk head office to follow it up, they said that only 13 have been allocated to the uk,all to different dealers, no bulk orders, the rest are all in germany,  intrestingly they did say if hes got a number from fendt, i may be one of the lucky ones,  as they only go out when its confirmed,but dont be surprised if it doesnt turn up???

spoke to my dealer today, as its been 3 weeks plus since i ordered ,and hes still adimant hes got a conformation order number from fendt germany, but when he asked the uk head office to follow it up, they said that only 13 have been allocated to the uk,all to different dealers, no bulk orders, the rest are all in germany,  intrestingly they did say if hes got a number from fendt, i may be one of the lucky ones,  as they only go out when its confirmed,but dont be surprised if it doesnt turn up???

same story as the fendt 936 BB from siku.

texas

not going to give up, as i say hes got some sort of comformation order number from fendt germany ,which as far as he and the uk office is concernend is a deff order so it should arrive,pinkies crossed , but if what they say is correct and only 13 have been shown for the uk, i cant see many if any main online model dealers getting them let alone any proper fendt dealers, which is a real shame, why do germany need 3000 to them selfs

not going to give up, as i say hes got some sort of comformation order number from fendt germany ,which as far as he and the uk office is concernend is a deff order so it should arrive,pinkies crossed , but if what they say is correct and only 13 have been shown for the uk, i cant see many if any main online model dealers getting them let alone any proper fendt dealers, which is a real shame, why do germany need 3000 to them selfs

When i am right only in germany you have more then 400 fendt dealers and they get first why i don't know.

Texas

understand mate, german company ,german dealers first, thats fine, but why all the allocation??? they sell in other countrys afterall

i was lucky, got the siku bb of ebay de at a good cheap price given what they do go for, but this one seems even harder to come by and theres more of them than the siku one to

well crossing the fingers last night has worked, mines in the dealers for collection, arrived today hopefully going out via there tomorrow to get it, or monday at the latest, seems like the conformation number from fendt is what the dealer needs to deff get one, still unsure about the 13 only in the uk bit, seems a little low to me, but he just said it again on the phone so who knows, pics tommorrow all being well

I have had an order at 2 different dealers since this was announced. After hearing that Sean has managed to get one I rang the dealers and they both said they are not getting any in at all..........not a happy bunny :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(