"Walter Derwent's" Landscapes

Given that I have much more of an interest in machinery is probably the main reason for neglecting to take photographs of the local livestock but I really enjoyed trying to capture the highland cattle today. Mum and Dad made me aware of their plans at the start of the year and whilst deep down I think they were hoping i'd try and find a place in Sheffield too ( my younger brother lives and works their ) I decided I wanted to stay put and was fortunate enough to be offered a share of a place very recently which i've decided to take. :)

All the best on achieving your grades to go to college Patrick. :)

nice pictures david,im a devon lad and we have some wonderfull spots down here,but looks a real lovely area up there,thanks for sharing

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pictures david,im a devon lad and we have some wonderfull spots down here,but looks a real lovely area up there,thanks for sharing

Thanks Paul. I really enjoy the variety of landscapes close to where I live from the moor tops and Dalby Forest, coastal areas, and the vast expanse of the Yorkshire Wolds and farm land running along the Vale of Pickering, absolutely love it. :)

You live in a fantastic area of the country Paul, just had a little look on the following website, WOW :)

http://www.devonscenes.co.uk/galleries.html

Very nice landscape pictures David. The pictures( favourite pieces of road close to where I live) are very beautifully.

texas

Thanks Bas, had a really nice day in the sunshine. I love that particular stretch of road and the view you arrive at when you approach the downhill bend. :)

Just looked through the thread from start to finish, some great photos, amazing scale to the landscape, ive only ever been up through england once on the motorways but seeing sights like that i must go back over and do some proper touring about. keep the photos coming

Thank you Robert, appreciated. I love living around here in North Yorkshire largely because of the variety in landscapes, there's some really nice views especially overlooking the Vale of Pickering just a few short drives from home. :)