"Walter Derwent's" Landscapes

Here's a few photographs I took of one of my favourite villages and view points around here last year, Gillamoor and the appropriately named "Surprise View," which you look across from a 90 left at the top of the village. There's some really nice cycling tracks around here aswell as walks.

n607405990_932480_9743.jpg

n607405990_932489_1943.jpg

n607405990_932483_470.jpg

n607405990_932481_9994.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're in a fantastic area, some real gems captured on the card in this last page. Not to miss the Top Gun outfits being among them of course!!

I like the on looking into Dalby Forest and the one looking up to the Gillamoor stone  :);):)

You're in a fantastic area, some real gems captured on the card in this last page. Not to miss the Top Gun outfits being among them of course!!

I like the on looking into Dalby Forest and the one looking up to the Gillamoor stone  :);):)

Thank you Tris, there's some great viewing points if you know where to look all within a few miles of each other.  I'm currently in discussion with my mates with regard to the theme of this years final day fancy dress ideas, feel free to add to the suggestions, there's about 10 of us going, watch this space  ;):D

From where I took that photograph my Uncle's farm is situated in the centre of the open cut of the valley looking into Dalby. From that angle with the mist it looks very enclosed with trees, but head much further over to the right and you get a very clear picture of just how much open space there is down in there.

Always enjoy heading up to Gillamoor, i've a few friends who live up there and there's a great mix of farms up there too, hope to go for a ride out there soon see what equipment is about. :)

Some excellent landscape shots there David

Thank you Bill, appreciated, more on the way.  ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

brilliant pictures !

if you dont mind me asking what type of camra do you use ?

(sorry if its already been mentioned)

Thanks Rich, appreciated. :)

No problem, sorry for the late reply, I use a 7.2 Mega Pixel Sony Cyber-shot compact digital camera, it's nothing fancy, but it's not a bad little camera to use i've just about fathomed it all out after a year and a half of using it. :)

These next few photographs were also taken last summer across the patchwork quilt fields from the top of Staxton near the coast, one of my favourite views of open farm land around here, i'll hopefully capture some of the machinery that works this particular area too this harvest.

n607405990_1534507_9240.jpg

n607405990_1534505_8581.jpg

n607405990_1534509_9887.jpg

n607405990_1534514_2056.jpg

n607405990_1534522_5250.jpg

n607405990_1534513_1213.jpg 

That looks like seriously hot day, heat haze hanging over the fields :o :o :o :o :o :o Nice photos again though David

Thanks Mike, it was a gorgeous day one of the warmest I can remember from last year, although there wasn't much really going on around machinery wise, whilst I was there, I do recall a big New Holland TM passed on the road with a large slurry tanker, but I wasn't quick enough to turn around and snap it. Looking forward when time allows this summer to heading over to that area again. :)

Having posted some farm land photographs from very recent times here's a small selection I found from yesteryear of a farming practice that was outlawed in the early '90s, straw burning.

These were taken by my Dad in the late '70s on a farm near Scarborough he was working at with a Case tracked loader as seen in my earthmover topic.

IMG51_0001.jpg

IMG51_0002.jpg

IMG51_0003.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here's a few landscapes i've taken recently, starting with a few taken in Wykeham forest on a sobering up walk in the fresh air, followed by another small selection taken in Dalby Forest, continuing my fascination with pointing the lens directly at the Sun:

DSC05783.jpg

DSC05785.jpg

DSC05786.jpg

DSC05915.jpg

DSC05919.jpg

DSC05920.jpg