Spalding Tractor Show - April 5th 2009 - Who needs a lift and who can give one?

Simon

Seems sensible to have this topic.... I'll start it off, and anyone can follow suit....

Just state if you can offer a lift or need one, and where your route will take you or where you need picking up.

Can sort detail by PM if it requires a detour, if it's a simple... 'Pick me up at such and such please' then do it in here....

So....

I'm offering a lift....

My route will be M5 from Droitwich, M42 to Coventry, A45 to A14 to Kettering,  A43 Corby, Stamford, A16 to Spalding.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=newnham+bridge&daddr=spalding&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=52.547966,-0.497131&sspn=0.851802,2.460938&ie=UTF8&ll=52.524577,-1.340332&spn=0.852255,2.460938&z=9

I'll be leaving home at about 7 and it will take me around 2 1/2 hours to get to Spalding....

I'll be heading home pretty well at the end of the day.

I have room for 2 comfortably - with purchases ;)

If anyone would like to take me up on this I am willing to make minor detours but nothing too out of the way, just ask.

Contributions toward fuel appreciated but NOT ESSENTIAL.... I won't hold it against you if you can't afford to chip in, I'm going anyway...

So.... I'm here if you need me.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good topic simon, was thinking we need this sort of topic since i saw lukes post,

I would offer but im going from luton to caimbridge on the sat morrning to mee the lord then going to head up to spaldingto stay the sat night so unless they are staying also i cant realy be of offer

We will be going from Kent to spalding, if your on route then your welcome for a lift.

We will be going up on saturday though, stopping off at Markys for a while. Staying overnight at Spalding TL so you will need to sort out your accomidation, and traveling home at pretty much the end of the show.

Same as you Simon, Mum and Dad wont mind making minor detiors but not miles and miles sorry.

nearly the same way as us simon, bar the rest of the m5 and the a38 on the end of that :D :D :D already full for me, with marcus and mark (old massey) so 1 space left but a full boot so need that seat for markys buys, he always go silly see :D :D should have seen us squeezing the stuff he bought into the car at toytrac, and that was just 2 of us then, plus display

nearly the same way as us simon, bar the rest of the m5 and the a38 on the end of that :D :D :D already full for me, with marcus and mark (old massey) so 1 space left but a full boot so need that seat for markys buys, he always go silly see :D :D should have seen us squeezing the stuff he bought into the car at toytrac, and that was just 2 of us then, plus display

whoa there sean mate  ???

sorry people

CAR FULL

NO SPACE AVAILABLE

blimey sean , that would mean i'd have to be

A) sociable

B) polite

C) awake         

& i really need the whole of the back seat to fall asleep on , unless you plan on finding more 'girls in garages that snog each other ' ::)

It depends what day your heading to Spalding Peter.

There are regular trains from Stanstead airport to Peterborough, and then a train from Peterborough to Lincoln / Sleaford, calling at Spalding. This does not run Sundays though.

It depends what day your heading to Spalding Peter.

There are regular trains from Stanstead airport to Peterborough, and then a train from Peterborough to Lincoln / Sleaford, calling at Spalding. This does not run Sundays though.

Thanks Andy i will arrive at stansted Saturday 10.55 and depart time is Monday Stansted 18.10  :)

whoa there sean mate  ???

sorry people

CAR FULL

NO SPACE AVAILABLE

blimey sean , that would mean i'd have to be

A) sociable

B) polite

C) awake         

& i really need the whole of the back seat to fall asleep on , unless you plan on finding more 'girls in garages that snog each other ' ::)

might stop the snoring and the sudden jumping but you and mark know what i mean :D :D :D

well I am going... all day... from Cambridge... up the A1... through P'bro and beyond...

Anyone wanting a lift is more than welcome... provided they have no skin conditions, embarrassing flatulence, Body odour or infectious diseases...

A small medical questionnaire will need to be filled in..

You'll need your own insurance..

travel sickness pills

clean underpants (or panties)

neck brace

first aid kit

and a note from your doctor saying you are 'fit to fly'

;D