massey ferguson 690 conversion

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats the one, but theres others,its basicly the glue they use for say airfix kits stuff like that, the revel ones a lot better as it comes with the long fine aplicator as simon said, easier to get into cabs ect than the usuall toothpaste type tubes you can get

nice job paul , will you be looking to fit the steering deere axle ?

i might do another as know i would have to split the chassis and anyway im quite happy with it one thing though you think youve done a fairly good job then you see bors and martin reeves work and you realise they are in a different league but i wil keep persavering,paul

i might do another as know i would have to split the chassis and anyway im quite happy with it one thing though you think youve done a fairly good job then you see bors and martin reeves work and you realise they are in a different league but i wil keep persavering,paul

Christ, you're not wrong there Paul... imagine my shame yesterday when I put my tractor next to John's combine at Spalding.... :-[ Only to have it pushed to the back of the table next to Marky's 'trailer' >:(;):D

Christ, you're not wrong there Paul... imagine my shame yesterday when I put my tractor next to John's combine at Spalding.... :-[ Only to have it pushed to the back of the table next to Marky's 'trailer' >:(;):D

i put my 2 back in the box simon, made mine look positivley 10 year old creations that did :D :D :D :D :D

may be best to go for a second one paul, as you will also need to cut a bit out of the sump and where the old wheel goes into the chassis, its a easy cut to do, but no point painting the chassis till its all done and fitted 

There are a number of manufactures that make what is called a canopy glue.It dries clear without a trace,allegedly.

Not used any as yet because I have not be able to get any, every time I go to buy some there's none in stock.

Dave was telling me about that on Sunday I think Fred... I think he said it's quite thick so not only can you use it for glueing but it can also be blown into a sort of bubble and stretched to form a canopy on model planes ??? Sounds a whole lot like that there black magic to me but impressive stuff nonetheless :o

i put my 2 back in the box simon, made mine look positivley 10 year old creations that did :D :D :D :D :D

may be best to go for a second one paul, as you will also need to cut a bit out of the sump and where the old wheel goes into the chassis, its a easy cut to do, but no point painting the chassis till its all done and fitted 

okay mate thanks for that,paul

ah the one thing i try not to do is compare anything that ive built to somebody elses, especialy martin or dpb , you just build to the best of your ability, & then just keep going , i must admit if i had the money , i'd have bought martins 690 4wd , it was a beauty :)

ah the one thing i try not to do is compare anything that ive built to somebody elses, especialy martin or dpb , you just build to the best of your ability, & then just keep going , i must admit if i had the money , i'd have bought martins 690 4wd , it was a beauty :)

yeah your right marcus im fairly pleased i must admit and im not selling them they are for my own collection, cheers mate,paul

every one is critical of their own handiwork mate , i am of my 600 series tractors , but could have sold them a dozen times over at spalding , especially the 699

indeed mate, amazing how many people asked is that for sale or that combine or that trailer, same happens when ever we do shows mate doesnt it