My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

over my christmas holidays ive made myself the black fendt 718,got the 818 back on her original wheels and made these 2 below for myself so im happy enough that my time off was used wisely,most of it of course was taken up with the batch of jd,s that ive been working on and now im about to soon face john deere phase 2.....i find im never bored and always have more than enough to do at models,ive a very long list of models i want to add to my collection and they all will need made so lets hope 2012 brings at least some of them.....

post-1779-132640053528_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132640053596_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132640124595_thumb.jpg

post-1779-13264012466_thumb.jpg

ive had many pm,s asking if any of these batch are for sale.....the only one that is for sale is the one pictured below...im intending putting this tractor on ebay this evening,its the only one from this batch thats not ordered by this customer...price would be £200 plus p&p.........its a big step 3650 model.......Many have also asked if i will convert there jd,s like the ones pictured,unfortunately i cant take on any more orders right now as im booked right up to late july with models and i like having a bit of time for my own projects.......id need £200 plus p&p for this tractor

ah more quality builds from the BOR stable nice work brian but you're asking for £200 for a pimped ERTL ?

the worlds gone mad  ??? 

previous examples ive sold on ebay have made up to £250...to buy the ertl and uh valtra cost £25 + £41,then ive the paint,decals,air breather,weights etc etc to buy and then the 10 hours on each conversion,and its a lot more than "pimped" up,sticking on a beacon or a mirror is pimping up,a full conversion including glazing demands a good price,so ill put my 3650 on ebay and see how she goes....

ah more quality builds from the BOR stable nice work brian but you're asking for £200 for a pimped ERTL ?

the worlds gone mad  ???

when it comes down to the basics we have a bor conversion which is an excellent detailed model which has a good bit of weight in it , i have 10 in my collection, i also bought a 3650 miniagripassion at £200 and the model is so fragile and light your scared too look at it inase anything falls off it and mine has so i know where my money would be going

ah not knocking your models brian , you put a lot of work into them & they do turn out rather well , but i supose if people are daft enough to pay silly money i cant knock you for taking their cash, no need for the balaclavea & black n white striped jumper then

that is where a lot op people go wrong... forgetting how much work, materials and headaches go into a model to be built by hand. The price is as reasonable as can be considering that!

a lot of great work again Brian!!! looking forward to your 2012 projcects you will be undertaking.. hopefully some 80's era implements will be amongst those?

thanks ford crazy and mr softie..... all i can do is post up what ive done and list whats for sale for the benefit of those that may be interested,the price of some items may not suit some but id like to keep this subject about model builds that ive done or am doing....the john deere 3650 has now been sold so theres no need for ebay after all..unfortunately it takes a lot of time to do these conversions and i guess its the real jd collector they,d appeal to most which is where this 3650 is going.i must apologize to my customers for being called "daft" but sometimes we must be thick skinned and not be offended by others replies....now onwards with phase 2 of the jds

but sometimes we must be thick skinned and not be offended by others replies....

Indeed Brian... the very basis of a discussion forum is to prompt and undertake discusion around every aspect of a model. If you're happy to publish your work together with your prices on here then you'll also need to be tolerant of others who publish their own opinions as well.  ;)

It wouldn't pay for us all to be alike, as I'm sure you'd agree

we are lucky that we have master craftmen like brian to make these amazing models. im lucky to own a few models by brian and wouldnt have a problem paying for his quality work ,i think you need to own one off his model to see the detail and research that brian puts into each model

we are lucky that we have master craftmen like brian to make these amazing models. im lucky to own a few models by brian and wouldnt have a problem paying for his quality work ,i think you need to own one off his model to see the detail and research that brian puts into each model

well said Kinsella and i couldnt agree with you more especially as i have 10 of brians deere`s and 5 impliments in my collection they are built second to none and worth every penny

• 2 months later...

now the customer that all these jd`s are for has the full set of 40/50 6cylinder series deere`s so the model below was my idea for the man who has the set , i know of no other jd collector who can say they have the full set !!!

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

DSCF0225.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

thanks Brian....the black one was an idea ive had in mind for some time now...ive a 3350 done for myself too,pics soon,and theres quite a few green models painted last sunday morning which are looking good......almost all my building from october to now has been green but changes are on the way....im currently building a i-h 1056xl for myself,this time im going all the way with it.....various mf projects on the go too after much brochure studying,its very difficult working off brochures as mf especially had a tendancy to alter brochure pics and therefore misleading to the model build and i find much research must be put into projects first......

thanks Brian....the black one was an idea ive had in mind for some time now...ive a 3350 done for myself too,pics soon,and theres quite a few green models painted last sunday morning which are looking good......almost all my building from october to now has been green but changes are on the way....im currently building a i-h 1056xl for myself,this time im going all the way with it.....various mf projects on the go too after much brochure studying,its very difficult working off brochures as mf especially had a tendancy to alter brochure pics and therefore misleading to the model build and i find much research must be put into projects first......

what massey ones then brian

those JD's are brilliant. A guy in Holland whom is also a member on here built the whole 40-50 series as well and literally built 100's of them.

it is always a treat to see the detail you put into these tractors. well done. Looking forward to your upcoming projects!

oo i dont know about the black one :- :- :- , some tractors just do not suit black, or any other colour for that fact , for some reason?? but as usual the greens are as good as usual. some tractors just do not suit black for some reason??

thanks.....the black one will look nice in a central position surrounded by the entire 6cyl 40s and 50s.....at the minute im converting another britains 956xl for myself,going to be a 1056xl this time and im going a little further then i did with the 956....im also completing the build of 4 x howard ep25 scratchbuilt manure spreaders,one is for myself....3x 4cyl jds are on the bench as an ongoing project as the modifying required is immense...my own 3115 mf has to be finished and future mf plans include a modified 2190 baler,im revamping my mf190 baler,also studying info at minute on mf small square balers and another few desired mf items,im intending to do a very in depth conversion on my grimme gt 170 and its looking like a db hurricane forager has to be built too.....the major problem of course is the lack of time.....

• 3 weeks later...

im currently building 3 x 4 cylinder jds...as many will know theres a hell of a lot of work converting the 6 cylinder ertl chassis,ive done one before in the form of my own 2140 and that conversion took just over 5 days from start to finish,the bonnet had to be cut in 5 different places and modified along the way..So now that im going through the lenghtly process again id be willing to sell the completed 3 part 4 cylinder jd for casting,the condition would be that the original is returned to me when its copied,a suitable fee applied and then the options of 4 cylinder models to be made from this is endless,the most popular being the 2140/2650 and 2850 of course..im only making these 3,2 are for a customer and one is for myself....just thought id mention the opportunity as it seems a shame for so much work not to end up as an available model down the line.....

Archived