Marky's Gaff... the Saturday before the big event !

Lord Ferguson

I'm hoping a few of you will be able to pop in and see me on the Saturday as you travel up to Spalding.  I'll be at work from 10am until about 4pm to offer tea, coffee and the toilet for those too old and infirm to make it all the way without stopping for a widdle (you know who you are... Mr Cranston  ;D )

But seriously... I'll have the two tractors here for a bit of driving fun for those who are interested... were in a gated private estate - so even the young ones can have a drive too ! - If I can get the trailer empty we can do some reversing practice - I could do with being taught how to do it  :-[:D :D

Bring your own biscuits though and be prepared to be bored stiff about Massey Ferguson.

My address is as follows...

Histon Produce Co. Ltd.

Unit 6-7 Norman Way

Over

Cambridge

CB24 5QE

if you are using satnav you might like to try my old postcode which WAS CB4 5QE - be careful as there is a Norman Way in Cambridge - and I'm 8 miles from there !!

Directions...

We are a few miles from the A14 heading in both directions... so...

Coming up from the South (M11 London)...

Keep straight on the M11 - at the Cambridge end it turns into the A14 without you even knowing it...  on the A14 it goes to 3 lanes... get in the nearside lane.... past the turn for Dry Drayton... keep in the nearside lane and it takes you into Bar Hill (lane ends here anyway so keep left and you can't go wrong)

As you enter Bar Hill (roundabout) take the 4th exit off - which takes you up and over the flyover over the A14 (you have just come off)... to the roundabout... turn left... follow the road (to Longstanton)... next roundabout - straight across... next roundabout turn left... then take the first turning (only a few yards) on your right to Over - you'll go past a big radio mast and a windmill on your right (about 1.5 miles down the road)... just after this... look left and you will see the Norman Way Industrial estate on the left... pull in there and you can't miss us !

Coming from the Northbound (A14)

Take the turning for Swavesey... head left off the A14... follow the road into the village of Swavesey - take the first turning on the right you come to (about 0.5 miles into the village) follow this narrow, windy road for about 2 miles, take the first turning on the left (signposted to Over) and you are on the same road as above in red (they have turned right into the road... you've turned left into the same road)

Send me a PM and I'll reply with my mobile number for those who get lost - or want to tell me they are on their way...

EVERYONE welcome - except you Simon... not being funny... but I do have neighbours and it will be daylight then - what with your current facial problems and all that  :-\

Awwww.... go on then... you as well  ::);D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cambridge.. you mean Cambridge that was beaten by Oxford AGAIN (with help of a fellow countryman) at rowing? i'm going there on Saturday, but me on a Massey.. ehh.. NO THANKS  :P;) , besides, I promised my mule.. ;) eh girlfriend :D to spend that day with her sightseeing Cambridge and Oxford on Friday and Saturday.. :( :( :(

Sadly I'll be washing the nooks and crannies about my face in readiness for the big day so I won't have the misfortune of seeing you 2 days on the trot..... >:(:D :D :D Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure I want to be locked in a private gated estate with you and all your propaganda and turnips..... ::);D

even better, will she be up in time for the trip? afterall if she goes out with the oldies again, she may over sleep :D :D :D :D

got that cushion on mavis to? the straw filled sack one i requested 

:D :D - she'll get you for that Sean  :D :D

Steve... gates will be locked when you at fatty arbuckle arrive now  >:(;)

And you Mr MasseyCrazy001  >:( - you will be 'frisked' for blue paint before you are allowed on the estate  :D :D

John.. the loo is just by the front door... on the left  ;D:D :D :D

Steve... gates will be locked when you at fatty arbuckle arrive now  >:(;)

And you Mr MasseyCrazy001  >:( - you will be 'frisked' for blue paint before you are allowed on the estate  :D :D

John.. the loo is just by the front door... on the left  ;D:D :D :D

no worries, i have my hands full with one certain red one..(yesh hon, of course hon, no tractors in england hon.. you know the deal, or maybe not, thinking of your show cabinet  ;):D) more red would be fatal for my heart i am afraid.. :(

Cambridge.. you mean Cambridge that was beaten by Oxford AGAIN (with help of a fellow countryman) at rowing? i'm going there on Saturday, but me on a Massey.. ehh.. NO THANKS  :P;) , besides, I promised my mule.. ;) eh girlfriend :D to spend that day with her sightseeing Cambridge and Oxford on Friday and Saturday.. :( :( :(

if you make the Oxford Trip on Sat, go and watch them lose to Histon at footie! ;D ;D ;D

Oh Sean, I thought you were my friend!  >:(

I shall NOT oversleep as I have a dog to get to the kennels on the way

Never mind I will cuddle Barry (Udimore) instead (if he turns up). ;D  Don't forget Barry I have a little something that you would like me to bring!  :D