hedgerow hero's & forgotten friends

MJB1

that 390 is a real testiment to how well built and easy to use and run the older tractor of all makes  are really, if it had the bonnet pannels on we would all say it just needs a wash,

???  i think you replied to the wrong topic mate ;D ;D

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

thought so, cant really miss them hills can you, been stuck round there pretty much since jan sadly, but it is a good area for seeing older kit and some newer stuff you wont usally see, like the kubotas i saw last week,

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Would make nice rebuilds, dont know where you take these fotos, but maybe a new tv show, hoarding farmers?

Great idea - but I like the title of this topic which would make a great TV show title. There was one once that showed about an old car found under a mound of what can only be described as compost and brambles. I think it was a 1900's Austin

Any film producers on this Forum?

• 6 months later...

Old conv baler that's been sitting in the corner of a field since I first came here. Apologies for the photo quality they were snapped from a distance on my mobile:

1baler_zpsa97522a6.jpg

2baler_zps7559cdca.jpg

4baler_zps6c21582e.jpg

I've a few to add to this but I'll need to dig them out first.  Does anyone know of the field west of Thame on the way to Farol's John Deere with all the machinery in it? I went past with my Uncle last year and have been kicking myself ever since for not taking any photos of it!  Certainly worth a look over the fence/drive down the drive (if no-one's looking!)

Well here's the first of a few, a massey 1250 that seems to have been either a home made conversion or possibly a professional one.  Not quite in hedgerow condition but abandoned for now

P1030570_zpsc7453249.jpg

It seems to have just been a case of taking the back end off and putting a whole new one on

P1030571_zpsc645b5be.jpg

Obviously it's been in for major repairs to the crane at some point, looks like someone's snapped the main arm right off at some point!

P1030573_zps74a9bb68.jpg

Here's a nice G reg scania V8 (can't tell you the model, sorry) sitting rotting in the field behind the yard of a farm in East Lothian.  The haulage business rent a shed in the yard and the farmer's also a bit of a hoarder so it's an interesting one to look around!

P1030047_zpsd68d66d2.jpg

P1020960_zpse5b85309.jpg

P1030469_zpsc8f9247b.jpg

And on the same farm a bale elevator that's past its best!  Not sure of make or model as it was a while ago, I took a photo of the manufacturer's plate but it's blurry, I can tell you it was a Lister engine on it though

P1020832_zps55f4411a.jpg

P1020827_zps04861f86.jpg

P1020826_zpsf976bf73.jpg

P1020819_zps985af00c.jpg

P1020811_zpsf696f629.jpg

And to Fife now, near to Crail Airfield, first off this forklift was sitting on the airfield itself, not at all sure of what make or model as I'm not up on my forklift knowledge!

P1020601_zps0f7fa3a3.jpg

Then nearby was this JCB 3CII and a dumper truck

P1020597_zpseafda311.jpg

The JCB looked like it had maybe been parked there for renovation and never made it out, as the back hoe was off and parts were lying around

P1020598_zpsae19ba50.jpg

Cab didn't look the best

P1020592_zps4d0d847d.jpg

Though hardly surprising after 7000+ hrs

P1020591_zps50fe110f.jpg

Some great finds Andrew ...that is my kinda place to have a nosey around. I suspect that G reg 1990's V8 Scania is a 143. Any chance of emailing me the photos of it please....my mate Stuart who has a range of Scania's will have a tear is his eye when he sees that one.

Some great finds Andrew ...that is my kinda place to have a nosey around. I suspect that G reg 1990's V8 Scania is a 143. Any chance of emailing me the photos of it please....my mate Stuart who has a range of Scania's will have a tear is his eye when he sees that one.

I was thinking 143 but wasn't too sure Bill

Archived