Wrap Carrier - Pictures Now Up ****

Powerstarâ„¢

Can anyone post any pictures of a front mounted wrap carrier that isn't based around a front linkage.

I'm going to make one this week for the front of the 6530 so I can carry at least 5 boxes of wrap on the front of the tractor. I need it to somehow fit over the weights. Any suggestions/ideas greatly recieved!

Just been on the case at work today, going to make a start tomorrow, its going to be based around the front weight and stay in place using the pin through the holes in the weight and sit in the weight holder on the tractor so it can't slip out. Just got to find some scaffold tube for the holders. Also i'm going to put some round pipe on the edges and bend it in to a curve for nudging bales. Should hold 6 rolls if all goes well  :)

Thanks lads  :)

If and when I want to expand, the idea is to [glow=red,2,300]have another bar lower down infront [/glow] of the ones there already with another 4 on. See how it goes for the time being!

That will make it properly pedestrian friendly!!!  :D  Great idea though, well done.  ;)

Nice

Enen though its not wider than wheels I's paint the outside few inches yellow??

I'd agree with that, a good point. It looks great Luke, simple too and nice that it fit's around the front wieghts, instead of. Also nice to see the headlights are not obstructed. All in all Luke, pretty damn good. If you can and have time, fit some innertube cuttings around the frame so it doesn't mark the paintwork of the tractor ;)

I'd hate to see the size of the bump you'd need to hit to bounce a roll of wrap off that Sean :D :D :o

Tidy work though Luke, not too high to lift the wrap on and off either :)

Cheers chaps, Tris thats a good idea, Next rainy day i'll have a bash at that :)

Sean a box of wrap weighs about 25kg I would have to drive over some fairly big bumps for the wrap to come off  :D And thanks for the nice comments  :) Hazzard tape could be a plan too!

Cheers Gav, prototype 1 had longer poles which were an issue for lifting on and off, so took a good 15 inches off the top of each one, and like you say easier to lift off now  :)

05rich, the model looks good, glad i've inspired someone! ;)

Eurodeere, it is a Marshall 502 (I Think) and is used as a yard tractor for bringing machinery in to the workshop when the other 22 tractors are out in summer! For more pictures of the fleet check out my thread...

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=18326.0

i was just thinkin wat does the roll actually sit on ? is it the box tube ??

It sits on the box tube currenty, with the blue plastic rings to level the box out. I need to cut some more little bits of box out to put in between the poles really but thats quite time consuming in my line of work!