bluefan in north yorkshire

Pete

;D Now i'm settled in our new house attention can return to my farm ;)

Plans so far include, main yard to be brick built buildings with slate roofs(started), with a few modern buildings surrounding. Going to be farming 800 acres, supporting cereals and grass with a few acres down to steep slopes and gorse bushes. Pigs have made way for sheep now so were looking at the purchase of hay making equipment and a round baler.

hoping to put first pictures up later ;)

the same as cows really mate , silage ,hay ,haylege, compounds feeds ,

super thanks, so thats a mower, tedder, round baler, wrapper and bale grab i'm going to have to buy as well as stock ;D ;D shopping trips needed :D :D

seen ya having sheep i hope you havent put velcro gloves and wellies on the shopping list :D 

cant wait for the pictures, will visit when i get chance

you must be prepared :D :D, some pic's going on in a bit ;)

Bit off an update ;) decided that our grain store will be in a dutch barn with silo's filled using pit and convayers to load. bit old fashioned but more in keeping with what i'm building. If anyone has pic's off details i would appreciate ;) ;) .

got a book from 60's on farm buildings. Got plans for the grain bins using 12' x 12' bins, presume they will be about 18/20' high what do you think they will hold ??? ??? not sureon the detail for the conveyers though ???

As work progresses with the brick buildings to surround the main yard i have been thinking about the best way to create the brick effect ???, one idea is to paint the ply wit a mortar colour, paint paper with a brick colour, then cut out the brck sizes and glue on finished with weathering detailing :). anymore ideas ??? ???

Loving the slate roof, very nice us that. What will you be doing the walls with?

thanks tris, :) think i'll be doing what i had said ???, it will take some doing but will give a good effect when finished ;D

looks great so far!!

i take it those are the slates that are all over ebay! ???, i have considered there bricks, all be it with a nit of trimming but not got to the slates yet!

looks great so far!!

i take it those are the slates that are all over ebay! ???, i have considered there bricks, all be it with a nit of trimming but not got to the slates yet!

thanks ;D the slates are actually card board :D :D, mixed up a colour to resemble slate grey then a lot of cutting and fiddleing :D :D

another cuple of pictures :) run out of wood again  :D need too pop to model shop again :D becoming a regular there its bad having it at the end of my street :D :D :D;)

picture from top and one from under side in the cart shed side ;) ;)

post-1653-13263911345_thumb.jpg

post-1653-132639113526_thumb.jpg

asistants required ;D this picture shows the valley which needs to be lead lined, any suggestions ??? also as these buildings progress i'm covering one with pantiles ;) any suggestions on a material for these ;D

post-1653-132639115005_thumb.jpg

hi for the lead valleys on the building i suggest this

real lead sheet melts fairly quickly at fairly low tempertures, and by doing this you can make very thin sheets, by:

1 melt your lead sheet in a heat proof container with a blowlamp

2 pour said lead once melted on a flat surfacemust be dead flat else you get a lumpy sheet then while the lead is still hot place a nother flat item on top the lead. ( i suggest some old mdf offcuts)

3 when the lead has cooled a nd hardened trim to shape

this may take more than one attempt

caution pour oil or smear athin layer of grease over the board s before pouring on the lead else it sticks to the board ;D

also use asbestos gloves or simular and tongs for handling

hope theis helps

henry 

might well be better just using painted plasti card or cardboard to mind, save burning the house down or burning yourself, having worked with hot lead, its far from a easy material to mould / use with out to much hassle, one good way of doing it mind would be to basj it thin with a hammer, on a good metal block, lot safer that way, its soft enough to get to a mm thin if not thinner with care