The Weather in General

Udimore

Terrible day......Snowy/sleet in the morning so caused no havoc at all......Then it turned to rain so I got soaked first thing waiting for the bus and then at lunch getting my dinner...... >:(

Here's some pictures of the burn at the top of our road......Pretty much the Highest it's been this Winter I think...... :-\ ;)

post-32-132638570319_thumb.jpg

post-32-132638570334_thumb.jpg

Still raining. Started fine and sunny with a bit of early frost, rain set in about 12.30pm.

Down here on the edge of Dartmoor it has been one of the wettest Februaries I can remember. I have a rain-guage in the garden and for Feb I recorded 9 and 7/8 inches, or 249mm. That is an awfull lot of water. We always say down here:- February fill the dyke, black or white! Good job is was not white or we would be burried by now, an inch of rain is equ to 10 of snow.

Did you know that an inch of rain over an acre of ground is 100 tons of water, that is imperial not metric

Gale force winds here, raining all day, I was up on top the silage pit, rolling it back, wasn't funny, got soaking wet from the rain and tyre water and at the same time trying not to let the wind get under the sheet! T'was an experience!  ;D

same here mate, just no sialge pit to climb ontop of thats all