Straw bales

new holland 4 ever

Thanks everybody  :D

I've tried the dust effect before, it works pretty well (I think there are still some photos on my model farm topic  ;) ) but being as I now use an SLR camera, I'm sort of reluctant...  ;D  If I worked out a way of activating the dust flow from a little distance away from were the models are, I suppose I could use a longer lense  ::)

superb work mate, can i ask what size are the square bales??? are they mini squares or the big bale squares for say the uh mf2190 or claas qudrant

I make them both. The machine I currently use for the big bales makes them to fit the uh claas quadrant or krone balers. If people are interested in a different size, I would probably make another machine  ;)

For the medium density bales, I base myself on the bales we make with our real new holland 376 baler, but I can easily enough make them a different size.

Could you make silage bales too?

Yes, I shall be launching the silage and hay range soon.  8)

I've been looking for something to replicate bale netting, but I haven't yet found anything. I've been told there is some insect netting that you can get in garden centres that would probably do the job, but I've never actually found any  :-\  Your thoughts are welcome on this one  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

No problem, I forgot to mention in the initial post that I can also sell the material.

How much would you sell the material for?

I was looking at getting some bales from you and putting some of your material on the fields to form the rows of un-baled hay.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally able to start producing hay bales, so here are the first pictures :

hay2.jpg

hay.jpg

Compared to a straw bale :

haystraw.jpg

More outside photos to come  ;)

This is the first version of a hay bale, there will also be a browner version for older hay/hay that got wet, as well as a darker green version for silage.

As always, feedback will be appreciated.  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody  :D

I'm booked until the end of my summer holidays now, and with the return of school I shall not be able to keep making these bales. I am therefore not currently taking any orders, but I will let you know when the next opportunity arrises.  ;) 

Also, some of you have certainly noticed, but these straw bales are now available through the holly loves toys website.

Thanks.

Thats great news that HLT is selling them. Is she selling the light or dark coloured bales? Also, is she going to sell the material you make them from in bags?

I'll be selling these excellent products in round and square straw bales in the first instance and hope to add the darker bales later on. Loose material will also be an option. :)

My only regret with these is that they're 5mm too wide to fit in a Britains baler (the older Farmhand one, not Britains JD 590) :(

I haven't tried other makes though.

That's a good point, Chris. The silage bales are 4.5mm and the straw are 5mm - something worth looking at. Thanks for your comments hun (my fault, as I should've advised William of the size) :-[