The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

looks like it cuts well mate, much adjustment required after then?? as for the rep, what was he trying to sell you this time then  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've raised the cut a bit mate.... took her back home to check her over and she looks fine all over so far... no belt adjustment needed even yet mate.. probably only done 3 hours total so far mind you

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... as promised.. a couple of pictures of the new machines inaugural test flight..

There is some fairly extreme lumps and bumps dotted about the field.. so not all of it will be cut  :-\

DSCN0334.jpg

well i'm darned you seen to have found a hill mate  :of    ;D ;D

i'll send murray a link  ;D ;D

good going mark , dont want too many of those concrete lups going through it though , but the machine looks well up to the job you want  :)

There is some fairly extreme lumps and bumps dotted about the field.. so not all of it will be cut  :-\

With Hattie on the front it should double as a Rotavator and level them out a bit.  :D

Looks like a useful machine and the sideshift will help - this time next week you'll be wanting a bigger one........... ;D

Hammer Flails Trissy...

John... I nearly went for a wider machine... but I've got some small gateways to get it through so sadly they dictated the size really  :'(

It does indeed leave a cracking finish... I'll get some better pictures when I go back to finish it (rain stop play today)... The weeds are quite high and very thick in places.

Do any of you lot cut in the rain (or when it's been raining heavily recently ?) ... With the thickness of this stuff I don't want to overstress the machine realy  :-[:-\

When we use ours Mark, we will cut whatever the weather,..leaves just as good a finish. As for overstressing the machine in really thick stuff,...well, you will know if its too much for it by the tone of the machine or in extreme cases the belts will slip and "squeal" at you. We have had  a Kuhn VKM280 for 6 years now and still on the original set of belts and its second set of rear roller bearings (what a pig of a job to change those >:( ).

The only thing they dont like are BT cables that have been left overground temporarily,......they make the tractor bark and the belts sing...... :of :of

The only thing they dont like are BT cables that have been left overground temporarily,......they make the tractor bark and the belts sing...... :of :of

;D ;D

Our Major doesn't go a bomb on dead badgers/sheep etc either  :D

When we use ours Mark, we will cut whatever the weather,..leaves just as good a finish. As for overstressing the machine in really thick stuff,...well, you will know if its too much for it by the tone of the machine or in extreme cases the belts will slip and "squeal" at you. We have had  a Kuhn VKM280 for 6 years now and still on the original set of belts and its second set of rear roller bearings (what a pig of a job to change those >:( ).

and on a bank holiday, the engineers wallet sing  ;);D ;D ;D

We have had shopping trolleys,fenceposts (wood and steel), tyres,(16" is about the limit),lumps of hardcore (trims and levels them nicely),...............but it draws the line at any tyre with a rim still fitted.... ;)

Oh,.....one other thing,......manhole covers sound bloody good if they go through.................... :of :of

We have had shopping trolleys,fenceposts (wood and steel), tyres,(16" is about the limit),lumps of hardcore (trims and levels them nicely),...............but it draws the line at any tyre with a rim still fitted.... ;)

Oh,.....one other thing,......manhole covers sound bloody good if they go through.................... :of :of

:of:D :D  ... bloody hell I feel so much better now... and a tad embarrased... I can only tick a few off that list so far John  :-[:D :D :D

If the Major one is anything like the Bomford one my mate uses where I used to work then it will chew through anything.......so far he's had a dead sheep and a set of cambridge rolls through it that the game keeper left laying about, was only the frame left of them after he hit them, no damage to the mower either :of

If the Major one is anything like the Bomford one my mate uses where I used to work then it will chew through anything.......so far he's had a dead sheep and a set of cambridge rolls through it that the game keeper left laying about, was only the frame left of them after he hit them, no damage to the mower either :of

:of :of :of :of :of  I guess it pays to have a quick once round the margins before cutting starts, I would never dream of running a mover old or new over any of the above if I could help it!

• 1 month later...