The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas B.. me old buddy... how the devil are you mate ???:-*

The process... ah yes... well... it;s pretty complex so pay attention mate please - it goes.....

Scoop

Tip

that's it really  :-[

Mark!

I'm swell thanks :)

Thats a super complex.. 8)

May look "heath robinson" but does the job rather well by the looks of it,......does the forklift dance when you let it all go at once....??....................................if so,..can we see a video.... ::) ::)

Surprisingly not Unk really.... the only problem is that it's so tall (we made it out of an old metal stilage crate) you get a stiff neck looking up at the bucket  :-[:D :D

I really need to get it cut down a bit I think as the loader is at full lift when you 'go over the edge'  :of .. I've not hit it yet... but it can only be a matter of time I think  :-[:D :D

Thomas... glad you are well buddy - it's great to see you on line  ;)

i would say put it on legs, and try the open side?? or maybe make the sides a little less angled, and allow the front face to be a little lower to?? either way it looks a built for the job tool mate , local guy to us fils his with a 35x and loader, uses a old vicon spreader tank on legs to fill a bag,

thomas b did you just say swell ? ???

i'd agree with the others mark try the openside & put some legs on it , that way the forklift is free to move the full bags about i know your next argument would be that the loops on the bag would mean you would have to increase the height of the hopper to allow a lift clearence for the bag , but not if you put the bag on a pallet so you lift from the bottom  ;)

tip & scoop er ............ scoop,tip,tip............... oh er ...........tip scoop tip, scoop,scoo..............

yeah it's not as easy as it sounds is it  :-\

Thanks for the suggestions peeps...

Problems (issues to overcome... we don't have problems at Histon Produce)..

1. You can't reverse the forklift as the open side is thus designed so the thing can be lifted. If you tried to pick it up from the enclosed side the top would foul the mast

2. You can't fill a bag by putting it on a pallet without having to support the loops. The easiest way to fill the bag with a mounted (legged) loader would be to simply put the bag on the tines (via the loops) and hold it over the aperture when it discharges

3. No space in my yard - I simply don't have room for a legged machine - if I did I think I'd have bought the shiny new one I've seen at my local materials handling company.

Now then.. also

Ben.... you soil has turned to coal now... so it's worth a lot more !

Stevie... weight on forky not an issue really.. shes a 2t  machine and the bagger only holds t at a time (and probably weights 200-300kg max)

Seany.. I like the idea of a vicon hopper... although my bucket takes a cubic metre in one hit - so I'd need one hell of a wide hopper for that mate I reckon

Marcus... scoop... brrrrrr (that's be driving)... lift.... tip... shake..... brrrrrrr BEEP BEEP brrrr... (that's me reversing... although I don't actually have a reversing beeper)

2. You can't fill a bag by putting it on a pallet without having to support the loops. The easiest way to fill the bag with a mounted (legged) loader would be to simply put the bag on the tines (via the loops) and hold it over the aperture when it discharges

3. No space in my yard - I simply don't have room for a legged machine - if I did I think I'd have bought the shiny new one I've seen at my local materials handling company.

but the bag loops would hang on the hopper as they do now , by lifting the pallet you then unhook the loops thus not needing the extra height the hopper would need to be if you were loading the bag looped on the FL tines

dont have room for a legged machine ? so where do you put that one when it's not used ?

Marcus... scoop... brrrrrr (that's be driving)... lift.... tip... shake..... brrrrrrr BEEP BEEP brrrr... (that's me reversing... although I don't actually have a reversing beeper)

so that should really read as

Marcus... scoop... brrrrrr (that's be driving)... lift.... tip... shake..... brrrrrrr  brrrr...

;D ;D ;D 

you should have entered britains got talent , would be good seeing you do this on stage .........maybe next year :)

yeah thats the thing see, thius guy loads with a old 35x and mf loader, the old types for the 35x, so the buckets small enough to fit the hopper, thats the same guy with the 165 we talked about, thats restored, but wrong , odd duncan cab to .

Right... Listen up... Sod off !

I'm quite happy to bugger things up my way ... STOP trying to help me and leave me to be a grumpy old know-all.... Know-nuffin on my own.

Just comment on my pictures with things like 'great pics lad' or something similar

Yours grumpily

Me

Come on fellow weirdos  ;)

Now you all know I am the first to criticise how useless Marky is..but

Can you imagine trying to perform that tricky operation with his eyesight substancially blocked by that huge nose he was unfortunately born with  ;D ;D

I am sure that is why Diane is attempting to guide him in the correct position... ;)

Bless him  :-*:-*

Come on fellow weirdos  ;)

Now you all know I am the first to criticise how useless Marky is..but

Can you imagine trying to perform that tricky operation with his eyesight substancially blocked by that huge nose he was unfortunately born with  ;D ;D

I am sure that is why Diane is attempting to guide him in the correct position... ;)

Bless him  :-*:-*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Bingo      made me laugh Barry........

My mate has got two on his Teletrucs... nice... BUT... I won't be able to get into the corners of my bund with one of those on.. I've 'evaluated' one of those before... PLUS.. I reckon I can do it quicker at hte minute the way I am doing it. I do intend asking my good enginering buddy to take a look at the setup for me to see how we can 'build in some additional efficiency' .. watch this space

Oh...BOB... what are they then ?  :of:P:-*:D :D :D

Oh... and PPS... who let Barry out of his cage and took off the gimp mask  >:(  .. come on own up  >:(  ...

I remember the good old days when I was on 20 a day at least.... insults to old 'fat gutsymore' that is  :P

Oh no Sean... I bought her the all singing, all dancing Aluminum one mate... nothing but the best for my wife  :P:D .. wish I'd bought her the plastic one mind you... the Ali one hurt a lot more than the plastic one would have done  :-[

Marky back to your uumm Device?  ;D

If you took out the cube bit on it between the big wide bit at top and the bag holder at bottom would that benefit any? Would make it lower for you  :-\

Also if required you could put a sheet of metal on the open side just flat so it still worked on forklift, would stop any soil spilling out if it took a second or so to filter down through spout?