The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it does invalidate the warranty... if they find out... it's similar to the chip I had on my Landy.. you can unplug it without trace before the dealer gets to see it  ;D:D :D

You can always have more power... especially when towing a loaded trailer...

I guess it's another £600 I don't need to spend really... just thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience of them... I think Colm knows something about them  :-\

We've had some dealings with "chips" at work Mark, all the people we have fitted them for are really pleased with them. Different torque curve and better fuel economy aswell. Question is, do you want to put the extra strain on the engine if you don't really need it.

You already more than doubled the speed of the JD's on that hill with only 10 hp more, not really sure you would get much more even with another 20hp ???

for weight boxes the best thing to put in them is steel punchings tiny little steel discs smaller tha the top of an ordinary biro and about 2mm thick we put them in our weight boxs on our digger and theres a couple of ton in it nad its not completely full the problem with cement is it dries out my dad was told when he was buying the digger but these dont just a tip if you ever have to get another weight box plus they can be removed unlike cement should the box break

• 2 weeks later...

more waste baling is about all at the moment mate... sadly  :'(and yes it was wonderful to leave my day job for this... I could get quite accustomed to it in all honesty

ah cant knock that mate it was that idea that that made getting the tractor feasible in the first place  :)

Pete I got to ask how did you get Lord F head in that tractor and did you knock out the front window so his nose would fit????  Is that a euro tractor.......????  Should sent that picture to Jez bet John Deere could get some milage on that for a advert on why not to buy a Massey....or to Massey to do a advert around the theme of "Even a caveman can drive a Massey" :D :D :D :D :D

How hurtful... Actually... I think I look pretty good in the tractor... just my size as well.. I could park that one in the front room and watch telly without getting out of it in the evenings..

Caveman indeed... nasty old plops... you just wait until Cerins Mummy gets to hear about this  >:( :'( :'(

Fair shout... but you know what it's like... I'd rather be corn carting or subsoiling or something...Yards are fun... but fields are better  :-\ :D :D

Get your ass over here then mark, i have 20ha to subsiol and plough, should break hattie in nicely, som good Hard work, got 3 ploughs so that should be enough to get the job done...

Pete I got to ask how did you get Lord F head in that tractor and did you knock out the front window so his nose would fit????  Is that a euro tractor.......????  Should sent that picture to Jez bet John Deere could get some milage on that for a advert on why not to buy a Massey....or to Massey to do a advert around the theme of "Even a caveman can drive a Massey" :D :D :D :D :D

Now Rick stop being so spiteful.

When I saw this totally enchanting picture of Marky, unlike you my first thought was one of compassion - I thought " The poor boy's got bad constipation!".

It's probably a side effect of giving up smoking.

Time for some of your Mulberry Remedy Aunty Sue!

Now Rick stop being so spiteful.

When I saw this totally enchanting picture of Marky, unlike you my first thought was one of compassion - I thought " The poor boy's got bad constipation!".

It's probably a side effect of giving up smoking.

Time for some of your Mulberry Remedy Aunty Sue!

Sorry Mum couldn't help myself...... :-\ :-\

Mark re the chips - is that the Sisu engine you have?

It is Colm... as used in the Valtra of 180hp I believe..

I went and see me old mate Marky today :) :)

And I took HATTIE for a spin round the village :P :P

I was impressed with the Massey and I think Mark was impressed by my tractor driving skills ;D ;D

Good to see you Paul... I have to say I felt very safe.. and I was indeed impressed with your 'dead eyed ****' reversing mate  :D :D

It is Colm... as used in the Valtra of 180hp I believe..

If it is 4 cylinder I would advise against chipping it as that engine is near enough at its limits at around 140hp. Also I would Think that gearbox is near enough the same as the 5480 is the biggest tractor with the Dyna 4 gearbox.

Anyway with Tier 3 the engine needs about 800 hours before it opens up.