SCOTTISH NATIONAL TRACTOR SHOW 26 / 27 SEPTEMBER 2009 AT LANARK MART

BC

Well the Annual Scottish Tractor Show is being hosted again at the Lawrie and Symington Agricultural Center at Lanark on Saturday and Sunday the 26th and 27th September 2009.

The tractor show is on both days and on Sunday theres is Classic Commercial and Van Show which was started last year and was very popular.

I see Graham and Michelle of G&M Farm Models plan to be there again and no doubt there will be Pictoy and the Old 20 parts company to name but a few of the regulars.

Admission is £ 6 for adults and £ 2.50 for children.

I won't be exhibiting anything since it is a rather long haul with a trailer behind but I'm planning to be there for both days.

Any other forum members thinking of attending this year ??? ???

http://www.lawrie-and-symington.com/html/functions/

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I totally agree Iain. It's like seeing tractors lined up to go on to a ferry. Although it is nice having an indoor show that late on in the year it could be so much better if the pens were removed. I think it may be due to the fact that there could be sales on a Monday and possibly have to pay staff overtime etc to get the pens back in after the weekend.

11 at the moment could be more or less later on in the year

Is he taking all that down in his ERF artic Arron...that will be a few runs up and down the road ??? ???

Ii spoke to Dave Wallace from Alyth at the Angus show this year and he did say he wasn't taking down his Marshall he had down last year but he would be giving Graham a hand since he was taking down a few.

hope to get down again myself was there last year agree that it could be better laid out though if the pens were taken down would be nice to see some more model displays as the people who attended last year put on good displays

Ah good Deano nice to see another FTF member.

We have had James T down for the past couple of years

FTF attendance numbers are growing. Perhaps we can have a meet up at the G&M Stand which is always just as you come through the main doors.

Is he taking all that down in his ERF artic Arron...that will be a few runs up and down the road ??? ???

Ii spoke to Dave Wallace from Alyth at the Angus show this year and he did say he wasn't taking down his Marshall he had down last year but he would be giving Graham a hand since he was taking down a few.

well uncle graham has 4 artics now so hes got drivers for them all were going on the thursday. well davie wallis was up today i think hes taking the merc

I've got my tradestand booked.  just trying to gear up for it now over the next few weeks.

I want  to release a new Ltd edition sketch that weekend of a Nuffield, Leyland and Marshall ;)

Can anyone suggest where to stop near the show.  I need Friday night and Sat night accomodation ???  Can you camp ?

well uncle graham has 4 artics now so hes got drivers for them all were going on the thursday. well davie wallis was up today i think hes taking the merc

So there will hardly be any Leyland left at Alyth Aaron ;) ;)

I've got my tradestand booked.  just trying to gear up for it now over the next few weeks.

I want  to release a new Ltd edition sketch that weekend of a Nuffield, Leyland and Marshall ;)

Can anyone suggest where to stop near the show.  I need Friday night and Sat night accomodation ???  Can you camp ?

Although they allow caravans etc to stop on the mart site i don't think there is any grass you could actually pitch a tent on Iain. May be worth a call to the organisr Mark Woodward or the actual mart itself.

• 1 month later...

Well its only two weeks to go before this show and I'm really looking forward to the long weekend away especially since the Scottish Vintage Vehicle Clubs rally which was due to be held at Scone Palace Perth this weekend has been cancelled due to flooding and field damage caused by a horse and Runrig event.

• 3 weeks later...

I woke at 3am this morning earlier than planned but decided to get up and get ready and go to Lanark. Left at 4.05 and was at the show by 7 am. Unfortunately breakfasts were not served until 8.30 but gave me a chance to wander around and get some photos. I have to say for being the Scotttish National Tractor show the indoor tractors are badly displayed in between the rows of pens. I heard an new event organiser is taking over from next year so lets hope he sees the problem and rectifys it. Nice to meet Iup with Graham and Michelle of G&M Models and Toolbox Tam aka Iain and James T

We had booked B&B in Lanark but when I phoned in the afterrnoon to say we would be later in arriving I got no response. When we arrived at the GuestHouse it looked dead and no one was there so I was at a bit of a loss as to what was going on. Anyway I thought sod it I've seen enough of the show and the only additions on Sunday would be the lorries so I decided to head for home and got back around 8.45pm

Thanks for posting your photos Iain. Viewers will appreciate now how tightly packed in the tractors really are and something needs to be done about this for the future.

I have currently downlaoded 50 shots to pB and am downlaoding the second 50 but I'm leaving to run because my old body is telling me I need some shut eye ;) ;)

I plan to down load my tractor ones tomoorow and hope Iain manages to caputure some fine lorry shots from the lorry and van and truck show that is being held in conjunction with the tractor show tomorrow.

Nice to meet up with you today Bill.  To be honest, I must say I was a little disappointed all-in-all and only stayed for only about an hour and a half.  Nothing much new with many of the same machines year after year.  The indoor tractor display is absolutely hopeless, not least for getting photographs.  I remember the first year I went (2007) and it was that busy that overspill parking was in a rough field down the road - nothing like that last year or this.  Think this show really needs a revamp.